News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Want a cushy job in a warm and sunny country?

Started by Solmyr, May 19, 2015, 07:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Help wanted: Saudi Arabia seeks executioners

QuoteThe job listing, posted on the Ministry of Civil Service's site on Monday, advertises a position for "religious functionaries" who would be required to implement a "judgment of death" as well as other punishments, such as amputations. Eight executioners were needed, according to the advertisement.

While no experience is necessary for the positions, potential applicants should bear in mind that the salaries would be on the lower end of the Saudi civil service pay scale.

Eddie Teach

I think "cushy" implies that salaries are on the higher end of the Saudi civil service pay scale. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Cushy also generally implies easy which I don't think would describe the role of an executioner.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on May 19, 2015, 11:28:02 AM
Cushy also generally implies easy which I don't think would describe the role of an executioner.
:yes:

When I think of a cushy job I think of a desk jockey job where you get paid a lot and don't do much.  Murdering people doesn't really fall in to the category of not doing much, IMO.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

It will let psychopaths fulfill a useful role in society :)
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

dps

Quote from: Caliga on May 19, 2015, 12:17:10 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 19, 2015, 11:28:02 AM
:yes:

When I think of a cushy job I think of a desk jockey job where you get paid a lot and don't do much.  Murdering people doesn't really fall in to the category of not doing much, IMO.

Well, cushy does imply that it's low-pressure.  I figure the Saudis don't really care much how many whacks it takes you to remove the head or whatnot.

Josephus

do they pay you by the head...or is it hourly? :hmm:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Caliga

:hmm: I thought everyone in Saudi Arabia got free healthcare.