News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Witcher 3

Started by Martinus, May 13, 2015, 07:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Yes you explained all this to us way back in 2007 when the original game came out I think :P

I was just wondering if the I can play with the Polish Audio in all three Witcher Games without having to buy some EU version of the game.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on June 30, 2015, 02:07:32 PM
Yes you explained all this to us way back in 2007 when the original game came out I think :P

I was just wondering if the I can play with the Polish Audio in all three Witcher Games without having to buy some EU version of the game.

Ah, no clue :) I could mail you Witcher 3 though from Poland and it is bilingual. :P

Valmy

If you could do that for all three that would be great :wub:

The interface and everything is in English right? I just want the original voice acting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on June 30, 2015, 02:00:38 PM
EDITED OUT POLE PHOTO
The author, Andrzej Sapkowski

I suppose when they take those author photos the author is suppose to make a pensive pose.  You never see photo of the author in the jacket where he/she is at a party with lamp shade on their head or eating a bowl of soup or hitting someone with a tire iron or any other natural position.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

Looks like he's quietly trying to pass gas.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: HVC on June 30, 2015, 04:29:09 PM
Looks like he's quietly trying to pass gas.

Those are my most thoughtful moments.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Can anybody with a US version of the game see if you can play it with the Polish audio?

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on June 30, 2015, 02:49:36 PM
If you could do that for all three that would be great :wub:

The interface and everything is in English right? I just want the original voice acting.

Getting the older ones may be hard - and I think this is right. At least that's what my PS4 version has (I will just double check if you can set Polish voice but English subtitles and interface). Would you want a PS4 or a PC version? :)

Syt

My Steam of W3 version lets me pick languages from all over, including Polish. You can check on the Steam page which languages are available for interface, audio and subtitles. Not sure if it lets you mix/match Polish audio with English subs, though.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/292030/

Same for Witcher 2.

Witcher 1 doesn't say audio, but on GOG.com they list: Audio only: český, Deutsch, English, español, français, magyar, italiano, polski, русский. Text only: 中文
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Damn well then I may just be able to get with Yankee versions without having to get Marty to ship versions overseas :)

I can really get audio in all those languages? Amazing.

Syt

In Steam, right-click on a title and select preferences, I think. There should be a language tab in the pop up.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Cool I will look into once I finally finish Dragon Age (so September or something)

I watched this and it seems like it would be fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l709Ft6AZhc

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on May 30, 2015, 10:42:30 PM
Quite pleased with the game, especially now that I've discovered Skellige, which is very Skyrim-like.  I also love all the little winks to contemporary references like the retired elven master craftsman in Novigrad, which is a clear nod to Hattori Hanzo from 'Kill Bill'.

The only thing that really annoys me is how furiously 'hetero' this game is; whenever it can it shoves some female action into our faces:  Geralt enters a hut to seek some answers from a local witch and the camera focuses on her bent ass (Velen, near the Red Baron's keep)...  There are *numerous* other instances of this.  That the main protagonist likes women is one thing but we the players shouldn't have to be dragged along and forced to 'partake' in his appetites!  I'm not even mentioning the stereotypes at play, like that limp wrist, cross-dressing elven tailor in Novigrad...

Still I can only hope Bethesda learns from what was done with this game and gives us a TES VI worthy of the name (although I hear Argonia is to be the focus next time  :yuk:)

Props for the music as well, especially in Skellige; very evocative.

G.

You mean the burly, gruff hunter that you meet within the first 60 minutes of game play (and who is part of the main story so you cannot miss him) is stereotypical? Since I found the grave of the other guy, with the inscription about "unnatural sins", earlier, I knew the hunter was gay the very moment he mentioned his "otherness" and having worked at the manor. If you are nice to him, he will tell you the whole tragic story.

I gotta say, this game is really beautiful and fun.

Valmy

Based on my short viewing of the beginning of 3 it sure seemed like they did plenty of worshipful shots of Geralt's body even if you did get a face full of his female companion. Yennefer? Is that like Jennifer in Polish?

Martinus

No, Yennefer is a completely invented name - but I think she is Nilfgardian, not Temerian. Temerians get PolishSlavic or SlavicPolish-sounding names.

Nilfgardians are the "Holy Roman Empire" of the setting.