News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Witcher 3

Started by Martinus, May 13, 2015, 07:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Yip, very well done.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

It's kind of weird you can't sleep with every single young woman you come across though. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

celedhring

Yeah, unlike previous games besides paying 'hos you only seem to be able to sleep with women if you actually develop a relationship with them. Figures.  :P

Enjoying it immensely. It's kinda weird because gameplay-wise it doesn't break any kind of new ground, but definitely one of those games that's much more than the sum of its parts.

Caliga

It's just that every single piece of it is incredibly well done.

Combat - awesome
Story - awesome
Graphics - awesome
Voice Acting - awesome

Oexmelin

That may actually be the game that gets me to pull the trigger and buy an Xbox One. I am so used to buying consoles (and games) years after everybody else that I feel weird in envisioning buying one of the newfangled Xboxes.
Que le grand cric me croque !

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

I hope the dialogue gets better than the opener and initial tutorial...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

The Red Baron plotline in Velen is some of the best writing I've seen in a videogame.

Kinda feel that the game peaks a bit early, though. Velen is my favorite area by far. I have yet to play the DLCs though.

The Brain

I'm sure they're excellent but I never got into the Witcher games.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Oexmelin on November 30, 2017, 08:14:18 PM
That may actually be the game that gets me to pull the trigger and buy an Xbox One. I am so used to buying consoles (and games) years after everybody else that I feel weird in envisioning buying one of the newfangled Xboxes.

Why The One & not a PS4?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Oexmelin

Because backward compatibility and capacity to play with my sister (that's what she has).
Que le grand cric me croque !

Caliga

Quote from: celedhring on December 01, 2017, 04:45:53 AM
The Red Baron plotline in Velen is some of the best writing I've seen in a videogame.
Agree.  I've vacillated quite a bit between wanting to cut his throat and give him a hug.

Grallon

Quote from: Caliga on December 01, 2017, 09:35:25 AM
Quote from: celedhring on December 01, 2017, 04:45:53 AM
Agree.  I've vacillated quite a bit between wanting to cut his throat and give him a hug.

I was shocked on my second PT when I returned to Velen and [spoiler] found him hanging from a tree in his own courtyard.[/spoiler]

While the world is rich and exceedingly well designed (Novigrad is - hands down - the best looking city of any computer games I've ever played), the replay value of W3 is limited I find, precisely because of Geralt.  If you can't craft your own character it puts a damper on the whole thing.  I did 2 PTs altogether, one where he dies and another where Ciri becomes empress. 

Now that they have developed all these assets I could see a game set in that world but without involving witchers, or only at the periphery.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Caliga

Thanks for the spoilers dude. :rolleyes:

Grallon

Quote from: Caliga on December 01, 2017, 10:11:33 AM
Thanks for the spoilers dude. :rolleyes:

And who forced you to read what was clearly a spoiler bolded part?  :rolleyes:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel