News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Witcher 3

Started by Martinus, May 13, 2015, 07:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Heh, I only just now realized that Emperor Emhyr is voiced by Charles Dance.

MadImmortalMan

What mods make W3 better for keyboard+mouse?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Solmyr

viper37

pretty good mod list, I used the same for my 2 playthrough :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

MadImmortalMan

All right! Well I'm seven hours in now ( sliced up my left forefinger carving a turkey and got my stitches out today), and apparently I've got to the point in the game where I should be choosing the stuff from W2 but...apparently someone in Poland doesn't know what the word "simulate" means and I'm stuck with a terrible version of history I don't want.

I was already on a knife edge of tolerance for the consolifornicated interface but now I'm out.

Josquius

I'm thinking to replay W2 taking the other path (the one that actually explains the dragon.  Terrible design.)  then pick this one up :champion:
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 24, 2017, 04:41:19 AM
I've got to the point in the game where I should be choosing the stuff from W2 but...
I had to read about it, since I never experienced it.
You can chose to avoid all of this too in the options.

Anyway, the choices should matter:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/what-the-choices-of-the-witcher-2-mean-in-the-witc/1100-6427400/

And I have no idea what you talk about concerning the interface.  I found it great, on PC.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on January 24, 2017, 09:11:19 AM
I'm thinking to replay W2 taking the other path (the one that actually explains the dragon.  Terrible design.)  then pick this one up :champion:

Yeah, the idea looked good on paper, but in practice, it results in a plot that is often incomprehensible. I ended up picking the side that defends city of Vergen.  I came across an important MacGuffin alongside the bodies of two of the assassins, who were apparently important enough characters to have their own names, voices and models.  My interaction was limited to stumbling across them in the dark without any awareness as to who they were supposed to be.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I followed the human path.  Seemed most rp sensible.
And yup.
Dragon Dissapearo and then out of nowhere at the end of the game it's dead and "oh btw. That chick you didn't see much of is the dragon"
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I sided with the Elf and rescued a multi-ethnic city led by plucky rebels.  I can't imagine that siding with the warring imperial power is very satisfying.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

MadImmortalMan

Well my anger subsided enough to try again. I've played through Skellige and tasted the sweet pleasure of Yennifer being rejected utterly by Geralt. What he ever saw in her is completely beyond me.  :)

viper37

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 21, 2017, 11:30:41 PM
What he ever saw in her is completely beyond me.  :)
it's the horse thing.  Geralt had never done that on horse back, so it was new.

Scipio

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 21, 2017, 11:30:41 PM
Well my anger subsided enough to try again. I've played through Skellige and tasted the sweet pleasure of Yennifer being rejected utterly by Geralt. What he ever saw in her is completely beyond me.  :)
It doesn't really make sense unless you read the books. Geralt is clearly the type of guy who likes the abuse.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Razgovory

So that's why he looks like that.

Caliga

I bought this game a while back but had too much going on at the time to really get into it.... started playing it for real last week.

IT'S.  FUCKING.  AWESOME.

It really does live up to the insane amount of praise it earned.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points