News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

"If X were your home instead of Y"

Started by Syt, May 13, 2015, 03:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on May 13, 2015, 01:28:03 PM

QuoteIf Vatican City were your home instead of The United States you would...

be more Catholic

:lol:

Does the Pope shit in the woods?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Siege

I believe we should remove profit from health care and break up big banks. I favor a more mixed economy that provides labor and the public a say in corporate decision-making, particularly companies that use public resources. We spend too much on military. We should limit the wealth an individual can acquire, and the influence a multinational corporation can peddle.

It's key to our survival that the majority gets serious about these things. It's important to have a more balanced economy, one that serves everyone more effectively. There's too much concentration of capital and power in the hands of a few. I'm glad younger people are more aware that the most craven segments of capitalism aren't doing them any good.

In the past when Wall Street did well the average worker did well. That doesn't appear to be true today. Things have got to change.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Siege on May 13, 2015, 03:53:36 PM
I believe we should remove profit from health care and break up big banks. I favor a more mixed economy that provides labor and the public a say in corporate decision-making, particularly companies that use public resources. We spend too much on military. We should limit the wealth an individual can acquire, and the influence a multinational corporation can peddle.

It's key to our survival that the majority gets serious about these things. It's important to have a more balanced economy, one that serves everyone more effectively. There's too much concentration of capital and power in the hands of a few. I'm glad younger people are more aware that the most craven segments of capitalism aren't doing them any good.

In the past when Wall Street did well the average worker did well. That doesn't appear to be true today. Things have got to change.

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Norgy

Quote from: derspiess on May 13, 2015, 02:30:35 PM
Quote from: Caliga on May 13, 2015, 01:28:03 PM

QuoteIf Vatican City were your home instead of The United States you would...

be more Catholic

:lol:

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

If Vatican City were your home instead of The United States there would...

be 2000 % more Pope shit in the woods

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.