News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Batman: Arkham Knight

Started by DontSayBanana, June 26, 2015, 12:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Picked it up on release for the Xbox One and while it's got some severe dings against it (even on XBO, thank god I didn't pick it up for the PC!), holy crap is it a good game.

Anybody else playing it on XBO or PS4 (or has a mythical unicorn computer that can run it well on PC, like viper or somebody)?
Experience bij!

Syt

PC version has been pulled from shelves/online stores.

TB's port report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFBd5GgGkMs

TB's commentary on the game being pulled (most likely because Steam now allows refunds, and broken games can't just be left on sale, because who cares): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ2wGmsdHBs
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I was actually considering getting my video card upgraded just so I could play this.  Glad I didn't do that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

http://www.geek.com/games/warner-admits-fixing-batman-arkham-knight-is-going-to-take-a-long-time-1626441/

QuoteBatman: Arkham Knight on PC is a mess. Any gamer purchasing it on release day last week could tell you that and the Internet was soon abuzz with complaints, Steam refunds, and details of just how many ways the game was broken. Publisher Warner Bros. decided to pull the game from sale, suggested owners request a refund, and went away to figure out how and what to fix first.

We're now a week on from that disastrous launch and Warner has admitted there is significant work to do to fix the PC version, and those fixes won't be done quickly. No release date/window has been given for the major patch the game requires, but minor patches fixing some of the issues are expected regularly over the coming days and weeks.

Warner decided to outsource development of Arkham Knight on PC to third-party developer Iron Galaxy Studios. However, it looks as though Rocksteady Studios (who didn't mess up the PS4 and Xbox One versions) is taking the lead role in fixing the PC version, although "partners" are mentioned as being involved.

So what exactly needs to be fixed? Here's a list of the major bugs posted on the Arkham Knight forums:
- Support for frame rates above 30FPS in the graphics settings menu
- Fix for low resolution texture bug
- Improve overall performance and frame rate hitches
- Add more options to the graphics settings menu
- Improvements to hard drive streaming and hitches
- Address full screen rendering bug on gaming laptop
- Improvements to system memory and VRAM usage
- NVIDIA SLI bug fixes
- Enabling AMD Crossfire
- NVIDIA and AMD updated drivers

It has also been stressed that although PC patches are a priority, the console versions are not being ignored. Regular updates will appear for the PS4 and Xbox One versions that fix any issues gamers have encountered.

It seems likely that we won't see a PC version of Arkham Knight offered for sale for several months. In fact, it could end up reappearing just in time to compete with all the new games launching for the holiday season. That's not great, and I expect Warner has already written off any kind of profit being generated from the re-release.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.