News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 4

Started by Syt, May 11, 2015, 07:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on December 01, 2015, 01:16:58 AM
Angry Joe does some decent reviews, and I'm glad he seems to have picked up pace again (he was a bit slow on them for a few months). Star Wars Battlefront was also pretty on point. And the one on Aliens: Colonial Marines was appropriately scathing. :lol:
I'd never even heard of him, but he's really good, and the production values are amazing.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

No problem; there's so many games streamers and YouTubers these days that it's dno possible to follow everyone you might enjoy.

He's gotten better over the years; and IMHO more knowledgeable. His production values have likewise improved. And I think the addition of Other Joe (who's not quite as over the top as Angry Joe) helps somewhat. Not a big fan of their live streams, though, because they're usually too "animated" and a bit silly. You can see his evolution if you look at some of his older reviews.

Speaking of interesting YouTube videos - I found Gopher's play-through of The Stanley Parable hilarious because he and the narrator of the game sound somewhat similar and have a similar dry humor. It was like two middle aged English gents bickering with one another.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Angry Joe is pretty hit or miss for me. Some of his reviews are very enjoyable and on point. Others I would just slap him so he shuts up.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on December 01, 2015, 11:36:12 AM
Angry Joe is pretty hit or miss for me. Some of his reviews are very enjoyable and on point. Others I would just slap him so he shuts up.

Yeah, he can be grating, which is why I don't enjoy his streams much. Then again I do enjoy ManVsGame oin Twitch who is ... an acquired taste to put it mildly; so YMMV. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Monoriu

Just started this.  Can use some advice on character creation.  I want a character that is easy to play, good at shooting, not too easy to die, can open locks and hack computers, and can work the trades.  Not interested in sneaking or melee combat.  I am thinking of -

Strength 3
Perception 7
Endurance 4
Charisma 1
Intelligence 8
Agility 6
Luck 1

(maybe I am off by 1 point somewhere)

Is that ok? :unsure:

grumbler

You'll want more charisma than that.  I'd move intelligence and perception down by one each and add one each to luck and charisma.  It's fairly easy to rise SPECIAL stats, but if you start in too deep a hole, you'll find it not worthwhile to pursue some good traits, like Bloody Mess.

Magazines mean a lot more in this game.  Look assiduously for them.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Monoriu

Thanks.  This is probably a really stupid question but this bothers me a bit and I can't find the answer. 

Is there anyway to put the gun away?  I click the left mouse button and I hold the gun.  I click it again and I shoot.  I seem to have tried all the keyboard keys but I can't find a way to sort of put the gun away.  Which button is it?   :blush:

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Monoriu

Razgovory

Int affects how much experience you get, and since there is no level cap, it's not a bad idea of max it out.  Remember though, you can find an item that will boost one stat forever in the very beginning of the game under Shaun's bed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

I'm sitting @26 level

S 5
P 8
E 4
C 6
I 6
A 7
L 1
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on December 02, 2015, 07:54:50 PM

Magazines mean a lot more in this game.  Look assiduously for them.
This true and a welcome improvement.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Monoriu

Turns out I did misremember.  Total starting stats should be 28, not 30.  I think I'll probably go with -

Strength 3 (I'd go lower if not for the carry weight)
Perception 5 (want the accuracy)
Endurance 4 (want reasonable amount of hitpoints)
Charisma 2 (grumbler is probably right that I shouldn't be too extreme with this one)
Intelligence 8 (still want the exp bonus)
Agility 4 (want the AP bonus but can't have it all)
Luck 2 (bloody mess seems useful, otherwise I'd put this at 1)

I have found the book that lets me add one attribute point in the old house.  I also bet that, in Fallout tradition, there are 7 trophies out there that let me permanently add one point to each attribute.

My question is, other than these, are there other methods to permanently increase an attribute during levelling?

11B4V

Quote from: Monoriu on December 02, 2015, 11:38:56 PM
Turns out I did misremember.  Total starting stats should be 28, not 30.  I think I'll probably go with -

Strength 3 (I'd go lower if not for the carry weight)
Perception 5 (want the accuracy)
Endurance 4 (want reasonable amount of hitpoints)
Charisma 2 (grumbler is probably right that I shouldn't be too extreme with this one)
Intelligence 8 (still want the exp bonus)
Agility 4 (want the AP bonus but can't have it all)
Luck 2 (bloody mess seems useful, otherwise I'd put this at 1)

I have found the book that lets me add one attribute point in the old house.  I also bet that, in Fallout tradition, there are 7 trophies out there that let me permanently add one point to each attribute.

My question is, other than these, are there other methods to permanently increase an attribute during levelling?
When you level you can increase the base ability as an option IIRC.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son