News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 4

Started by Syt, May 11, 2015, 07:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Oooo   I found a special laser rifle called Limitless Potential that never has to be reloaded (if you use it though, be aware that it still uses ammo, just no reloading) and modified it with the sniper barrel, reflex sight, and some other stuff.  The thing now does better than "normal" .50 damage but without the small capacity the sniper barrel comes with. 

Razgovory

I have a cane that makes enemies more radioactive.  I don't really get much use out of it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 24, 2015, 10:01:49 PM
Oooo   I found a special laser rifle called Limitless Potential that never has to be reloaded (if you use it though, be aware that it still uses ammo, just no reloading) and modified it with the sniper barrel, reflex sight, and some other stuff.  The thing now does better than "normal" .50 damage but without the small capacity the sniper barrel comes with.

Lots of cool unique weapons, but many of them are not very useful.  An exception is Pickman's knife.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on November 24, 2015, 11:21:46 PM
I have a cane that makes enemies more radioactive.  I don't really get much use out of it.

Why not?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Brain on November 25, 2015, 12:03:32 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 24, 2015, 11:21:46 PM

Why not?

Because the last thing I need when fighting a giant radioactive scorpion is to make it more radioactive and possibly larger.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

MadBurgerMaker

I think that would heal Ghouls too, at least the radiation damage would.  There would be melee damage that might offset it like with the gamma gun, but meh.

grumbler

One of the drops is a 10mm machine pistol that doubles in damage inflicted at midnight, and halves in damage at noon, and varies (not sure exactly how, yet) between those values between those hours. At night, it is quite deadly - took down a supermutant butcher in one (surprise) burst.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: grumbler on November 25, 2015, 04:25:26 PM
One of the drops is a 10mm machine pistol that doubles in damage inflicted at midnight, and halves in damage at noon, and varies (not sure exactly how, yet) between those values between those hours. At night, it is quite deadly - took down a supermutant butcher in one (surprise) burst.

Nice.  Speaking of 10mm do you, or anyone of course, know if the unlimited follower ammo is tied to their weapon or to the ammo type?  Like if I were to find your nighttime 10mm and give it to Piper, would she have unlimited ammo for it since her default weapon is also 10mm?  Right now, I just hand her extra .45 for the combat rifle I gave her, but it would be nice not to have to mess with it.  I guess I could just console in 10,000 rounds for her.

Razgovory

I gave Piper my 10mm and she seems to have unlimited ammo.

11B4V

I gave doormat a teddy bear.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Solmyr

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 25, 2015, 05:46:22 PM
Quote from: grumbler on November 25, 2015, 04:25:26 PM

Nice.  Speaking of 10mm do you, or anyone of course, know if the unlimited follower ammo is tied to their weapon or to the ammo type?  Like if I were to find your nighttime 10mm and give it to Piper, would she have unlimited ammo for it since her default weapon is also 10mm?  Right now, I just hand her extra .45 for the combat rifle I gave her, but it would be nice not to have to mess with it.  I guess I could just console in 10,000 rounds for her.

It seems they have infinite ammo for their default weapon and any modded/legendary versions of the same. So since Piper uses a 10mm pistol, she has unlimited ammo for it and any other 10mm pistol you give her. For any other type of weapon she will need ammo. Note that this applies to exact same weapons, not just ones that use the same ammo, so double-barrel shotguns and combat shotguns are different weapons.

Oh, and followers sometimes have a habit of picking up weapons and ammo from killed enemies during battle, if it's better than their current weapon. I had Preston grab a flamer and start using it, and Piper once picked up a minigun. So keep an eye on what they are actually shooting. :D

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 25, 2015, 05:46:22 PM
You don't see follower weapons.  Piper has a 10mm with unlimited ammo that is invisible to you.  She'll use other weapons if you tell her to, but then you have to provide ammo and she doesn't seem to use the pistol when her assigned weapon runs out of ammo - she does melee.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Solmyr on November 26, 2015, 06:45:57 AM
It seems they have infinite ammo for their default weapon and any modded/legendary versions of the same. So since Piper uses a 10mm pistol, she has unlimited ammo for it and any other 10mm pistol you give her. For any other type of weapon she will need ammo. Note that this applies to exact same weapons, not just ones that use the same ammo, so double-barrel shotguns and combat shotguns are different weapons.

Oh, and followers sometimes have a habit of picking up weapons and ammo from killed enemies during battle, if it's better than their current weapon. I had Preston grab a flamer and start using it, and Piper once picked up a minigun. So keep an eye on what they are actually shooting. :D

I'll give piper a 10mm auto pistol and no ammo and see if she uses that.  I'll get back to you.

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: grumbler on November 26, 2015, 08:41:38 PM
I'll give piper a 10mm auto pistol and no ammo and see if she uses that.  I'll get back to you.

Just tried it.  She didn't use it (switched back to her regular 10mm).

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 26, 2015, 10:14:57 PM
Quote from: grumbler on November 26, 2015, 08:41:38 PM

Just tried it.  She didn't use it (switched back to her regular 10mm).

Had the same thing happen.  She was firing single shots, so wasn't using the auto-pistol.

Bayraktar!