News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 4

Started by Syt, May 11, 2015, 07:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Queequeg on June 03, 2015, 03:18:40 PM
Yeah I just don't think Bethesda *gets* Fallout in some ways.  Fo3 didn't make a whole lot of sense in a lot of ways.  There weren't any governments other than an occasional town.  It looked like people were still living off looted prewar food which, what.  There weren't a lot of farms.  I don't know how any of DC survived, either . I mean, it's the capital of a state that was involved in a nuclear conflict that presumably saw a near-emptying of silos.  It should still be at a precambrian level in 400 years.
I agree, which is one reason why the DC setting annoyed me.  The whole area would be a sheet of smooth glass. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Norgy

Quote from: Habbaku on June 03, 2015, 04:00:30 PM
Yes, it very much has a lack of consistency baked into the universe.  I can accept hand-waving of a lot of stuff, but they weren't even really trying.

It wasn't like they tried really hard with TES V either.
Oh, look, dragons coming back to life.

Bethesda make good games, but can't tell a story straight. Except maybe with "Dishonored".  I'd personally be more enthusiastic about a "Dishonored"-franchise game.

Caliga

:yes: Bethesda is all about the game engine/graphics.

Norgy

Yes, those non-profit Bethesda guys.  :lol:

Solmyr

The game should be set in Detroit just before the nuclear exchange, and the main questline should be the player character trying to set off the nuclear apocalypse in order to improve the quality of life in the area.

Syt

You can pre-purchase on Steam for €59.99 :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on June 04, 2015, 02:17:10 AM
You can pre-purchase on Steam for €59.99 :lol:

And just hours after the trailer was unveiled I got an email from GMG offering me to pre-purchase it, too.  :D

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

You know what would be a funny surprise twist? If the Brits had returned to take back New England and were at war with the locals. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on June 03, 2015, 02:01:19 PM
I would be able to sit there playing for about five minutes before my kids would be demanding it be switched to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles :P

Yeah, well if I find any time to play games these days it's after the kids have gone to bed.  Btw my older kid is into Minecraft now.  I think he's just doing it to confuse the hell out of me.  What is the point of that game???
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 04, 2015, 08:30:54 AM
Btw my older kid is into Minecraft now.  I think he's just doing it to confuse the hell out of me.  What is the point of that game???

Yeah my eldest kid loves it to. I have no idea.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Also, I hope there are supermutant bums hanging around outside of Fenway chanting "needaticketsellintickets, needaticketsellintickets..."

Ed Anger

Southies. I'll pass.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 04, 2015, 09:45:30 AM
Southies. I'll pass.
Why?  They're funny.  I also hope they included the Chili Guy, who also hangs out in front of Fenway all the time:

"WHOSE BUYIN WHOSE SELLIN WHOSE BUYIN WHOSE SELLIN"
"COUPLEABEAHS!  NO BEAHS!  CHILI!"
"BUFFALO BILLS WON DA WORLD SERIES"