EU draws up plans for military attacks on Libya targets to stop migrant boats

Started by jimmy olsen, May 11, 2015, 07:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: The Brain on May 11, 2015, 10:59:45 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 11, 2015, 10:55:16 AM
Quote from: The Brain on May 11, 2015, 10:32:37 AM
Swedish deputy prime minister Åsa Romson said that we are turning the Med into the new Auschwitz.

:unsure: Is Europe planning on just liquidating Greece by sinking it to the bottom of the sea?

She's a Green. Lord knows what passes through her precious little mind.

The wind, most likely.

MadImmortalMan

It seems like some coast guard cutters would be the best for this mission.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Martinus

Quote from: dps on May 11, 2015, 04:39:25 PM
Quote from: The Brain on May 11, 2015, 10:59:45 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 11, 2015, 10:55:16 AM
Quote from: The Brain on May 11, 2015, 10:32:37 AM
Swedish deputy prime minister Åsa Romson said that we are turning the Med into the new Auschwitz.

:unsure: Is Europe planning on just liquidating Greece by sinking it to the bottom of the sea?

She's a Green. Lord knows what passes through her precious little mind.

The wind, most likely.

Or solar rays or water, in any event.

Razgovory

It's nice to know that while the EU is unwilling to defend Europe from actual invaders like the Russians, they are willing to sign up for military action to prevent more brown people from getting into their countries.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on May 12, 2015, 02:47:07 AM
It's nice to know that while the EU is unwilling to defend Europe from actual invaders like the Russians, they are willing to sign up for military action to prevent more brown people from getting into their countries.

Only fair. The brown people stopped them from getting into their countries anymore.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

I have a feeling they will try to get Uncle Sam to do the actual killing.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 12, 2015, 08:05:38 AM

I have a feeling they will try to get Uncle Sam to do the actual killing.

Pffft. As soon as the Europeans send people down to help us control our Mexico border we will send people to help them manage the Med.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

Quote from: Zanza on May 11, 2015, 01:47:21 PM
I doubt we can solve a humanitarian crisis like this with violence.

I doubt we can solve it except by becoming dirt poor. Rampant xenophobia hasn't worked so far.

In the off-chance of economic recovery, I'd like to see some effort to stabilise North Africa. How? I have noe idea.
Since the human traffickers work among civilians, I can only see military action ending in more tragedy.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Norgy

Get zombie Graziani and Scipio's zombie legions on the job, and we'll be alright.

Archy

Apparently we are sending a ship to the Mediterrean on request of the European Comission to  "rescue" fugitives.

Monoriu

Quote from: Archy on May 13, 2015, 04:45:17 PM
Apparently we are sending a ship to the Mediterrean on request of the European Comission to  "rescue" fugitives.

I suddely have this mental picture of executioners rescuing traitors by firing AA guns at them  :sleep: