Main Menu

Polish Presidential Elections

Started by Martinus, May 10, 2015, 03:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on May 10, 2015, 06:55:27 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 10, 2015, 06:32:14 PM
Quote from: The Larch on May 10, 2015, 04:51:38 PM
In which country can you change your system of government with a simple majority in parliament?

Do constitutional monarchies have rules on what it takes to abolish a monarchy?

At least in Spain an abolishment of the monarchy would require to modify the constitution, and that can only done with a 2/3 majority in parliament, or something like that.

And then a general election, after which the new parliament has to approve the reform a second time with another supermajority, and then a referendum. Our Constitution is reform-proof for stuff like this.

grumbler

In which country can you change your system of government with a simple majority in parliament?

The UK.  Parliament is sovereign there (parliament includes the monarch, but the monarch's role is nominal).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 10, 2015, 06:32:14 PM

Do constitutional monarchies have rules on what it takes to abolish a monarchy?

Yes.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: grumbler on May 11, 2015, 09:38:09 AM

The UK.  Parliament is sovereign there (parliament includes the monarch, but the monarch's role is nominal).

The beauty of an unwritten constitution, I guess.