When Even Hardware Screws You

Started by Norgy, April 26, 2015, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Getting in on the fuck video cards deal. My video card driver keeps crashing, screen turns off for s few seconds, come back up but with various graphic elements looking wrong. I updated the driver but that only helped to recover from the black screen faster.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Norgy

After installing the latest Intel chipset drivers, flashing BIOS and updating to the latest version, a repair install of Win7 and following every piece of advice about dual card installation, it works. SLI works. GTA V looks pretty good with two GTX 980s and 4k.  :cool:
The temps are pretty scary, though.

Did you try removing the driver altogether, turn off the computer and re-boot, Liep?

Sometimes that fixes the issue. Windows finds a driver, and then you can re-install again later. It may sound like a card on the verge of not working at all, though.

Grey Fox

You have too much disposable income.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Quote from: Norgy on May 05, 2015, 01:47:52 PM
Did you try removing the driver altogether, turn off the computer and re-boot, Liep?

Sometimes that fixes the issue. Windows finds a driver, and then you can re-install again later. It may sound like a card on the verge of not working at all, though.

I think that might have worked, installed the beta driver afterwards. Now I have input  lag though. Meh, it's been 3 years it's time to get a new computer!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Darth Wagtaros

Turns out one of the monitors was toast.  I had unplugged that one and tried a different one and got the black screen, no connect message on it. Not sure how that happened. But the computer is fine, just my 30 inch monitor that I'll never be able to replace is dead.
PDH!