Polish leaders outraged over FBI head Holocaust remarks

Started by Martinus, April 19, 2015, 12:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

See, things like this make me lose my faith in humanity.

Poles have a right to be somewhat miffed at Mattel for this. Yet calls for an international arrest warrant to be sent after the CEO of Mattel seem like we may be overreacting.

HVC

I'd be more upset that the Apple looks really excited about the holocaust.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on April 24, 2015, 04:43:58 AM
Yet calls for an international arrest warrant to be sent after the CEO of Mattel seem like we may be overreacting.

If calling people Nazis completely unjustifiably was against the law there wouldn't be anybody left in the US :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Poles are really freaking out about this one, by the way.

Or at least Poles on the Internet. Which may or may not be representative.  :hmm:

Valmy

Are they really under the impression people confuse them with the Nazis? I mean besides the Russians of course.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on April 24, 2015, 09:48:10 AM
Poles are really freaking out about this one, by the way.

Or at least Poles on the Internet. Which may or may not be representative.  :hmm:

About the Mattel one??  :huh:

Valmy

Yes. They seem to think Americans think Poles were Nazis.

We think alot of stupid things about foreign countries here but nobody thinks this.

Martinus

Yes and yes.

Apparently it is all a plot of  :Joos to get Poland to pay reparations.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on April 24, 2015, 09:51:29 AM

Ok Poland if you want to reassure us you are not Nazis this is not a good way to do it.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2015, 09:52:13 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 24, 2015, 09:51:29 AM

Ok Poland if you want to reassure us you are not Nazis this is not a good way to do it.

No kidding. It's funny how people most offended by this seem to be vitriolically antisemitic.

The Brain

No smoke without fire. I'm leaning towards the Poles were Nazis camp now. The evidence keeps piling up and it gets harder and harder to dismiss.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on April 24, 2015, 12:09:45 PM
No smoke without fire. I'm leaning towards the Poles were Nazis camp now. The evidence keeps piling up and it gets harder and harder to dismiss.

It's never a good thing when the Nazis invite you to camp.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Carry On Up The Chimney is the best Holocaust movie IMHO.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.