Joseph Goebbels' estate seeking payment for diary quotes in biography

Started by Syt, April 22, 2015, 08:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on April 22, 2015, 10:32:54 AM
I think it is shameful for the descendants of Goebbels to do so.

Goebbels murdered all of his descendants in 1945 before committing suicide. These people are the descendants of his siblings or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Now just find one wearing a stereotypical evil Jew outfit, and you are good to go.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on April 22, 2015, 10:32:54 AM
I think it is shameful for the descendants of Goebbels to do so.

(A) As Valmy pointed out, Goebbels has no descendants.
(B) The estate owns the copyrights.  In the west, unlike (apparently) Poland, there is no shame in enforcing one's copyright.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on April 22, 2015, 09:48:44 AM
Not sure - the copyright for Mein Kampf runs out this year or next (it's held by the state of Bavaria, who refused to permit any reprints till now).
They obviously haven't been enforcing their copyright on this side of the pond.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 22, 2015, 04:59:52 PM
Not sure - the copyright for Mein Kampf runs out this year or next (it's held by the state of Bavaria, who refused to permit any reprints till now).

Their copyright is only on the German-language version.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: grumbler on April 22, 2015, 06:03:27 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 22, 2015, 04:59:52 PM

Their copyright is only on the German-language version.
Ah, didn't know that. Makes sense.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point