Main Menu

Is the Obama Honeymoon Over?

Started by Faeelin, June 19, 2009, 09:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on June 25, 2009, 11:22:47 AM
Quote from: DGuller on June 25, 2009, 11:20:00 AM
Quote from: fahdiz on June 25, 2009, 10:59:30 AM
The Iran press conference was interesting.  Obama doesn't hold his cool so well when the press is being snarky.
From my personal experience, it's very hard for a highly intelligent man to suffer the fools gracefully.

Don't let it get to you, the annoyance with you passes quickly.
Oh, Snap!  :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Hansmeister

Well, Obama's abc infomercial last night tanked, having very low ratings.  Maybe Obama should've tried to sell Sham-Wow instead of his incoherent health care plan.

Malthus

Quote from: Savonarola on June 25, 2009, 01:00:01 PM
Quote from: Malthus on June 25, 2009, 12:52:45 PM
Good.

You have now incentivized me to use that word in every possible situation.  :D

According to Camus, since life is meaningless, it's up to the individual to set his own goals in order that he may experience moments of triumnph.  I'm glad I've helped you find such a goal.   :)

I may be six feet tall, but in many ways, I'm a small person.  :blush:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

fhdz

Quote from: DGuller on June 25, 2009, 11:20:00 AM
Quote from: fahdiz on June 25, 2009, 10:59:30 AM
The Iran press conference was interesting.  Obama doesn't hold his cool so well when the press is being snarky.
From my personal experience, it's very hard for a highly intelligent man to suffer the fools gracefully.

I'm sure you're super and all, but the odds are that you think of yourself far too highly. :)
and the horse you rode in on

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on June 25, 2009, 01:47:35 PM
I am six feet tall, in many other ways, I'm also a small person.  :blush:

Fixed it for you shorty.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Hansmeister on June 25, 2009, 01:18:51 PM
Well, Obama's abc infomercial last night tanked, having very low ratings.  Maybe Obama should've tried to sell Sham-Wow instead of his incoherent health care plan.

So I assume there are still no concrete proposals.  Just a lot of "we can do better" type statements.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 25, 2009, 02:14:21 PM
Quote from: Malthus on June 25, 2009, 01:47:35 PM
I am six feet tall, in many other ways, I'm also a small person.  :blush:

Fixed it for you shorty.

Thanks for proving that I'm not alone in that.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Strix

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 25, 2009, 02:15:52 PM
So I assume there are still no concrete proposals.  Just a lot of "we can do better" type statements.

I think you have correctly summed up what will be the substance of his whole Presidency.

Unless of course he becomes the 1st US President to allow his home state to be nuked by a foreign power.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Malthus

Quote from: Strix on June 25, 2009, 03:30:57 PM

I think you have correctly summed up what will be the substance of his whole Presidency.

Unless of course he becomes the 1st US President to allow his home state to be nuked by a foreign power.

You mean Michigan?

Would anyone notice or object, if someone nuked Detroit?  :P

Strix

Quote from: Malthus on June 25, 2009, 03:55:36 PM
Quote from: Strix on June 25, 2009, 03:30:57 PM

You mean Michigan?

I thought he grew up in Hawaii (for the most part)?  :unsure:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Savonarola

Quote from: Strix on June 25, 2009, 04:05:11 PM
I thought he grew up in Hawaii (for the most part)?  :unsure:

Ah, I had thought you met Illinois; and I was wondering who was going to nuke that of all places.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

alfred russel

The government would notice when no one was cashing their multi billion dollar checks, and the democratic party would notice the reduction in UAW contributions. I suspect the latter would be noticed first.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: alfred russel on June 25, 2009, 04:09:13 PM

The government would notice when no one was cashing their multi billion dollar checks, and the democratic party would notice the reduction in UAW contributions. I suspect the latter would be noticed first.

Actually, I think that might be current urban renewal policy.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers