[Gay] Gay News from Around the Gay World That is Gay

Started by Martinus, June 19, 2009, 04:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: garbon on August 18, 2009, 11:44:07 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2009, 11:36:01 AM
To be fair these same morons also have righteous anger towards all Christians...at least on this board.

Well except for that crazy Flemish guy.

But still there are reasons to disagree with Islam besides being a moron.

I don't see how more irrational hatred makes it better...consistency? :unsure:

Disliking or disagreeing with Islam isn't necessarily the same as calling for the death of muslims (even specific ones).  I certainly don't agree with Islam or Christianity but I'm not calling for anyone's head.

if more people thought like this the world would be so much more peaceful.
:p

Valmy

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 18, 2009, 11:46:54 AM
if more people thought like this the world would be so much more peaceful.

Is garbon a being of: peace and light?

I think so.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2009, 11:45:27 AM
It doesn't.  I am not even sure why I am defending them except I do not really take them seriously.

I'm not sure why either and I've never even considered taking them seriously. After all, they're both rather impotent individuals.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2009, 11:50:00 AM
Is garbon a being of: peace and light?

I think so.

Oh no...does that mean I'm becoming a Euro? :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on August 18, 2009, 11:50:19 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2009, 11:45:27 AM
It doesn't.  I am not even sure why I am defending them except I do not really take them seriously.

I'm not sure why either and I've never even considered taking them seriously. After all, they're both rather impotent individuals.

I think I was just on a roll in that thread. :blush:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

the blog chick is a giant pussy. But posted to fire up Marti's anger bladder.

http://milbergsmusings.wordpress.com/2009/08/26/whos-your-daddy/

QuoteTwo Miami courtrooms, two cases, one very interesting juxtaposition of Florida law:

In criminal court, prosecutors dropped a child abuse case against a man named Loscar Rodriguez, a father, who decided that a good belt lashing would teach his 8 year old son to get better grades.  Did the boy get better grades?  Not sure, but he did get raised welts on his leg and backside, bruises big and purple enough to alarm a teacher, and a butt that hurt him to sit upon.

At the same time, across town at the District Court of Appeals, a man named Frank Gill fought to protect his status as the father of two boys he first fostered then adopted.  He and his partner had taken in the two young brothers who had known no other healthy family, and were eventually called exemplary fathers and family, but the state is appealing the adoption because Gill is gay.

Florida law bans gay people from adopting children.  But it protects the right to beat a child with an object until he/she is black and blue.

Back in criminal court, prosecutors cited case law that helped them decide the belt-wielding, lash-giving Rodriguez is not a child abuser under the law.  Turns out, in cases past, Florida appellate judges have opined "even significant bruises or welts from paddling" is discipline, not abuse; that "a strike on the face, a split lip, forced feeding" is – you guessed it – discipline, not abuse.   Exactly what does a child learned from that?  How and when to dole out the same violence when he/she grows up?

Back to the DCA.  Attorneys for Gill argued Florida's exclusion of gays in the adoption process is unconstitutional.  The ban has been law for decades and has prevented countless children from the benefits of loving, responsible, nurturing parents.   

The appellate court ruling usually takes a few months.

The criminal court case was dropped in 12 minutes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

I'm not really seeing the connection between the two cases, although I suppose in conjunction they support the argument that children aren't necessarily worse off when raised by gay parents.

Neil

Get ready, because what is happening in Iraq will happen here.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Faeelin

Quote from: Neil on August 27, 2009, 06:57:27 PM
Get ready, because what is happening in Iraq will happen here.

The Canadians will be nowhere to be found?

I'll miss Malthus, personally.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

The Brain

I had learnt that Roxette was releasing their remastered catalogue yesterday so I got their records today. Cheap.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.