[Gay] Gay News from Around the Gay World That is Gay

Started by Martinus, June 19, 2009, 04:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

How often do homophobes want to march in gay pride parades?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Malthus on June 05, 2015, 03:09:32 PM
How often do closet homophobes want to march in gay pride parades?  :hmm:

Even better.

Valmy

Proud of facing their fears?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

I guess that takes self-hating to a new level. :P

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2015, 03:14:55 PM

Proud of facing their fears?

I guess it is a sort of therapy, then?  :D

Seems cruel to deny them treatment.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

So what do you guys make of the whole Bruce/Catleen Jenner thing?

Whatever your views on transgenderism are, I am surprised by the level of hate coming from some media outlets and some (especially black) celebrities.

Tonitrus

I think it is getting way more media hype than it deserves, but people who get all bent out of shape with hate over it are just stupid.

Life is too short to hate.

Eddie Teach

I don't think he should be allowed to compete in the women's decathlon.

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on June 05, 2015, 11:10:31 PM

Whatever your views on transgenderism are, I am surprised by the level of hate coming from some media outlets and some (especially black) celebrities.

:huh:

I thought she was getting a tremendous amount of support from the popular media.

Hell, the most hate I'd seen was from BuddhaRhubarb on Facebook pointing out that Caitlin's experience hardly mirrors that of most transgendered people.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on June 05, 2015, 11:45:42 PM
Hell, the most hate I'd seen was from BuddhaRhubarb on Facebook pointing out that Caitlin's experience hardly mirrors that of most transgendered people.

Heh, if anyone would decide to be transgendered just for the attention, it would be a member of that family.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on June 05, 2015, 11:45:42 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 05, 2015, 11:10:31 PM

:huh:

I thought she was getting a tremendous amount of support from the popular media.

Well, maybe I hang out in the wrong parts of the Internets (or this gets over-reported by LGBT sites I subscribe to on Facebook), but:

http://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/jennifer-graham/2015/06/04/Jennifer-Graham-Caitlyn-Jenner-is-still-a-mister/stories/201506040047
http://howafrica.com/angry-snoop-is-wondering-why-the-world-overlooked-akons-project-calls-bruce-jenner-a-science-project/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crWSV2V0-8w&feature=youtu.be
http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/bruce-jenner-is-not-a-woman-he-is-a-sick-and-delusional-man/

Now I get that there is a lot of media circus regarding this and it is probably rightly lampooned for being a part of the whole "Kardashian experience" (the way Bill Maher does for example), but this stuff goes into pure unwarranted hate.

Razgovory

I can't help but  be leery of transsexual recognition.  I'm not entirely keen having some someone impose their fantasy world on the rest of us and demand that we accept facts that aren't actually true.

I am going to get so much shit on this. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

When it lets them glare at other homophobes (Muslims) and pretend to be lovely so normal people will support their douche baggery
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Saw a picture tonight in which he/she looked pretty damn good.

Saw two more pictures in which he/she looked like a dude with lipstick.