[Gay] Gay News from Around the Gay World That is Gay

Started by Martinus, June 19, 2009, 04:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Brazen

Admiral Yi

Are Yuro referendums always at the instigation of legislatures, or are also petition procedures?

The Larch

Tonitrus

Syt

In Germany, discussion about marriage for homosexual couples has been re-opened.

The minister president of Saarland, Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer (CDU) said in an interview that she rejects the notion of homosexual couples marrying, because defining marriage as between two adults (regardless of gender) might be the first step onto a slippery slope and might lead to demands that close relatives can marry, or that a marriage could consist of more than two people.

This is Mrs Kramp-Karrenbauer:

This has led to a bit of a shitstorm. A lawyer in Berlin has filed criminal charges for libel and Volksverhetzung ("incitement of popular hatred").
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

This could explain why some German people I know wanted to dump Saarland and give it to France, though the guy meant it for Lafontaine.  :hmm:

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Valmy

I don't understand how incestuous marriages relate to gay marriages. I mean I guess they could be the same marriage if it were two brothers or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Grallon on June 03, 2015, 12:43:46 PM
Anyone saw this gem from India, the land of rape and honey?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/gay-teenager-forced-to-have-sex-with-his-own-mother-in-corrective-rape-in-india-10291949.html

Well now that is a rather unexpected way being gay could be the first step in a slippery slope to incest.

But seriously wow....words fail me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on June 03, 2015, 12:46:37 PM
I don't understand how incestuous marriages relate to gay marriages. I mean I guess they could be the same marriage if it were two brothers or something.

Marriage prohibitions based on taboos.

I figure polygamy and polyandry are just a question of time.