[Gay] Gay News from Around the Gay World That is Gay

Started by Martinus, June 19, 2009, 04:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 07, 2009, 12:20:22 PM
Only if he's Jewish :contract:

A gay Swedish Jewish lawyer...my god it is like the platonic languish poster!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: viper37 on August 07, 2009, 11:58:06 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 07, 2009, 08:53:38 AM
What APA is saying here, however, is that you can't be misinforming people, e.g. by claiming that you can "cure gay".
it's not what they're saying.
They're saying there's no psychological treatment for "gayness", because it's not a mental illness (wich has been proven in the 70s, IIRC).

It does not say there can never be any kind of gene therapy or "magic pill" to change sexual behavior.

Well, considering what "P" stands for in "APA" I didn't assume they were talking about gene therapy or "magic pill", but a psychological/psychiatric therapy.

They said that homosexuality is not a mental disorder several decades ago.

Now they are saying that any therapies to turn you straight, as practiced by the self-called psychologists and psychiatrists, are bullshit and, effectively, constitute malpractice.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2009, 12:22:04 PM

Only if he collects battleship models. :P

Neil

Quote from: garbon on August 07, 2009, 11:15:59 AM
I noticed in the gay psych thread on p'dox that there are a lot of gays there. They should come here!
This is not some kind of gay support forum.  Official forum policy is anti-faggot, and has been for some years now.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on August 08, 2009, 03:26:19 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2009, 12:22:04 PM

Only if he collects battleship models. :P
Everybody collects battleship models.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

A story that is fun on many levels. It is layered.

QuoteOcean City fortune teller predicts 'hell' for gay customer

She should have seen it coming.

A Los Angeles man on vacation in Ocean City stopped for a Tarot card reading on the Boardwalk. But card reader June Mitchell's dire prediction about her client's hereafter led to a public dust-up, a police investigation and a petition drive, the Press of Atlantic City reports.

Mitchell told client Jamie Cohen, 22, who is gay, that he was going to hell. After hearing a little more from Mitchell, Cohen stormed out without paying her $20 fee, and that's when things got really ugly.
According to the news account, Cohen returned to retrieve his cell phone, which he had left under his chair. He says Mitchell ordered him out of the store and, in front of a crowd, used an anti-gay slur.

Mitchell admits using the word, but says Cohen called her a Gypsy; Cohen denies this. Mitchell also says she was upset by Cohen's reaction to the reading and the way he left without paying.

Mitchell says she had not meant to offend him.

"I wanted to make him happy," she says.

A born-again Christian, Mitchell says her religious doctrine opposes homosexuality.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Neil on August 08, 2009, 07:05:09 AM
This is not some kind of gay support forum.  Official forum policy is anti-faggot, and has been for some years now.

Who said it needs to be a support forum? :x

Anyway, p'dox gays are dead to me. I just saw the 'cute male' thread. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 08, 2009, 07:35:35 AM
A story that is fun on many levels. It is layered.

QuoteOcean City fortune teller predicts 'hell' for gay customer

She should have seen it coming.

A Los Angeles man on vacation in Ocean City stopped for a Tarot card reading on the Boardwalk. But card reader June Mitchell's dire prediction about her client's hereafter led to a public dust-up, a police investigation and a petition drive, the Press of Atlantic City reports.

Mitchell told client Jamie Cohen, 22, who is gay, that he was going to hell. After hearing a little more from Mitchell, Cohen stormed out without paying her $20 fee, and that's when things got really ugly.
According to the news account, Cohen returned to retrieve his cell phone, which he had left under his chair. He says Mitchell ordered him out of the store and, in front of a crowd, used an anti-gay slur.

Mitchell admits using the word, but says Cohen called her a Gypsy; Cohen denies this. Mitchell also says she was upset by Cohen's reaction to the reading and the way he left without paying.

Mitchell says she had not meant to offend him.

"I wanted to make him happy," she says.

A born-again Christian, Mitchell says her religious doctrine opposes homosexuality.
:lol:

Doesn't born-again Christian doctrine oppose fortune-telling and sooth-saying, too?

I believe Leviticus bans it under the penalty of death.

Martinus

I think I may have found a market niche...

QuoteWoman Fined for Homophobia in Poland
By Julie Bolcer

In a decision gay rights advocates call groundbreaking for Poland, a judge in the northwest of the country fined a woman for using homophobic slurs to describe her gay male neighbor, reports the BBC.

The 44-year-old woman, identified as Anna S., was ordered to pay the equivalent of more than $5,000 for infringing the dignity of Ryszard Giersz (pictured) by repeatedly hurling verbal assaults at him and his partner, Tomasz, in public.

Lawyers for Giersz, 25, argued successfully that he endured constant hatred in the town of Wolin after Ms. S. began calling him a "pedal," a derogatory Polish term for a gay person that is the equivalent of "fag" or "queer" in the United States.

Polish LGBT rights campaigners hailed the decision and the case, which represented the first time a gay person pursued his or her rights so openly in the country's court system.

Ms. S., who maintains her innocence, may appeal the verdict.

http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid103833.asp

And to support garbon's view of Poland as a "poor pickings" country:

Edit: On a technical side, this isn't a fine, but damages paid to the plaintiff.

garbon

Sad. Mart, sometime you have to come visit me in the civilized world. Even you'd manage to be happy. :P

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on August 08, 2009, 12:14:02 PM
Sad. Mart, sometime you have to come visit me in the civilized world. Even you'd manage to be happy. :P

Was it a comment about the article or the picture? :P

garbon