[Gay] Gay News from Around the Gay World That is Gay

Started by Martinus, June 19, 2009, 04:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 07, 2009, 10:04:43 AM
Doesn't occur to you that some folks might actually value their family or church over sex, and therefore be happier not living a gay lifestyle in spite of what sexual inclinations they might have?

He did say most Spicey.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

I noticed in the gay psych thread on p'dox that there are a lot of gays there. They should come here!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Faeelin

Quote from: garbon on August 07, 2009, 11:15:59 AM
I noticed in the gay psych thread on p'dox that there are a lot of gays there. They should come here!

Nah, invite the Catholics. Fahdiz will suck the heart and soul out of their faith in two weeks.

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on August 07, 2009, 11:41:13 AM
Nah, invite the Catholics. Fahdiz will suck the heart and soul out of their faith in two weeks.

<_<

I think we could benefit from some new gay voices (Marty's is rather stale).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on August 06, 2009, 08:04:50 PM
@Viper - Yeah I made a thread on this.
sorry, I search for Marty's latest posts and didn't find it, so I assumed it had gone unnoticed :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on August 07, 2009, 11:46:45 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on August 07, 2009, 11:41:13 AM

<_<

I think we could benefit from some new gay voices (Marty's is rather stale).

Yeah, bring more lawyers & Swedes while you're at it, will ya?  :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on August 07, 2009, 11:54:49 AM

Maybe a gay Swedish lawyer?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

We are starting to run short on Scandanavians these days.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on August 07, 2009, 08:53:38 AM
What APA is saying here, however, is that you can't be misinforming people, e.g. by claiming that you can "cure gay".
it's not what they're saying.
They're saying there's no psychological treatment for "gayness", because it's not a mental illness (wich has been proven in the 70s, IIRC).

It does not say there can never be any kind of gene therapy or "magic pill" to change sexual behavior. 

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: derspiess on August 07, 2009, 10:04:43 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 07, 2009, 08:58:33 AM
And for the record, in case you misunderstood what they are saying, if you ignore your gay feelings, it doesn't mean you will create some sort of heterosexual feelings as a result. So yeah, if people want to live in a forced celibacy, despite being sexually non-apathetic, it's their choice. You can also live without ever taking a shower or reading a book.

I like how you pretend it doesn't bother you & then you equate it with not bathing or being able to read :D

QuoteFortunately, while many gay and lesbian people who are raised in fundamentalist homes go through a period of denial and forced celibacy, most eventually abandon their retarded creeds and find happiness instead. Those who don't, go on to become catholic priests.

Doesn't occur to you that some folks might actually value their family or church over sex, and therefore be happier not living a gay lifestyle in spite of what sexual inclinations they might have?

meh... lots of people are unhappy living the lifestyle they feel they should, or even the one they really want. Life sucks sometimes, no matter what your creed, orientation, or five year plan. :contract:

Most of the so-called "cured" people you see on TV look like they are living a lie, you can feel their self loathing through the TV screen, it's that palpable.

But whatever, the TV hosts probably choose folks who give off that vibe for ratings.

If you can be reasonably live a lie, and it's less stressful than the truth, sometimes it's the best you can do. again life sucks, often.
:p

garbon

I don't have a gift for PR, so I doubt I'll be bringing anyone over.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on August 07, 2009, 11:15:59 AM

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 07, 2009, 11:56:56 AM

Maybe a gay Swedish lawyer?

Gays&lawyers we have a plenty.  However, expatriated neo-nazi Swedes, we have only one.  We need more.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on August 07, 2009, 12:01:18 PM
However, expatriated neo-nazi Swedes, we have only one.  We need more.

I've no desire to hangout with said individuals.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall