[Gay] Gay News from Around the Gay World That is Gay

Started by Martinus, June 19, 2009, 04:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

So, there is a mini-scandal concerning the openly gay MP who was elected the mayor of Slupsk, because some right wing tabloid got to the online profile of his partner (who himself is a human rights lawyer and is quite cute actually) on gayromeo.com (the most popular European gay dating site) where it says that he is in an "open relationship" and among other things, is into "soft BDSM".

There are three types of reactions:

Rightwingers: OMG OMG OMG SEE THIS IS HOW DEPRAVED THESE GAYS ARE!!!!  :yeah:

Mainstream/Liberal: THIS IS AN UNPRECEDENTED VIOLATION OF PRIVACY AND AN ATTEMPT TO DISCREDIT A SUCCESFUL LEFTWING POLITICIAN!!!  :grr:

Gays: ERR, WOULD IT BE AWKWARD IF WE TOLD YOU THAT PRETTY MUCH ALL OF US HAVE A PROFILE ON GAYROMEO WHERE WE SAY WE ARE IN AN OPEN RELATIONSHIP AND INTO SOFT BDSM? JUST ASKING? :unsure:

Syt

Have lower case letters not made it to Poland yet? It's like reading C64 text.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on January 14, 2015, 09:11:35 AM

Putin stole our CapsLock. :(

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

They'll be introduced in the next patch, along with vowels.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 14, 2015, 09:17:46 AM

They'll be introduced in the next patch, along with vowels.

It's a WAD!!!

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on January 14, 2015, 09:16:44 AM
gayromeo is a dreadful site. Europe, do better. :angry:

I don't know. I have hooked up through it with more people than all other sources of casual sex combined.

Syt

http://www.thelocal.at/20150114/austria-lifts-ban-on-same-sex-adoption

QuoteAustria declares ban on gay adoption illegal

Austria's highest court has lifted a ban on same sex couples adopting children, the court's president Gerhart Holzinger announced on Wednesday.

Holzinger said that the court found that there was "no justification for difference in treatment because of sexual orientation".

Since 2013 gay couples in Austria have been entitled to step-child adoption - meaning that one partner can adopt the biological child of the other.

The law was changed after a lesbian couple who wanted to jointly raise one partner's child won their case at the European Court for Human Rights, which ruled that Austria's adoption laws discriminated against gay people.

Helmut Graupner, from the Lambda legal committee which offers free legal counselling in all areas of the law related to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender life, said he was "over the moon" about the lifting of the ban.

The lawyers for the women on whose case the decision was based called the decision "a complete success", and called on Austria's government to recognise same-sex marriage.

Same-sex couples may form a "registered partnership" in Austria, but do not have access to the same government marital benefits as heterosexual couples do.

Some EU countries such as Britain, the Netherlands and France allow same-sex marriage with full adoption rights. But in others such as Portugal, Germany and Hungary varying restrictions remain.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Gay adoption....
See, that sounds like it's the gays being adopted.
Adopt-a-gay today!
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on January 17, 2015, 04:04:37 AM
Gay adoption....
See, that sounds like it's the gays being adopted.
Adopt-a-gay today!

As Languish shows, you feed them once...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Capetan Mihali

But gayromeo teaches them to fish for a lifetime.  :huh:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Martinus

Syt

Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2015, 12:59:23 PM
A Vienna café has been criticized for kicking out a lesbian couple. The ladies kissed ("more than just a 'hello' kiss according to the proprietor) and were told off by the waiter who proceeded to serve them with disdain (which must be bad, because disdainful waiters are a staple of Viennese café house culture :P ).

So the couple complained to the owner. She then kicked the couple out.

Now, Austrian law is funny. The proprietor is in her right to refuse service (to anyone). However, if the waiter was gay and guests would refuse to be served by this waiter, or if the owner treated him unfairly, he could sue, because it would be discrimination in the workplace.

Anyways, one café off the list of places I like to go to.

So, the tourist board got on the café's case (Vienna is marketing itself towards the gay community), and also there was a 1,000+ participant "kiss in" in front of the café last Friday. The café owner has since apologized that her remarks ("This would be behavior appropriate for a brothel, not a café!") were out of line, and that treating her customers like this was wrong.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on January 20, 2015, 04:36:58 AM
Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2015, 12:59:23 PM
A Vienna café has been criticized for kicking out a lesbian couple. The ladies kissed ("more than just a 'hello' kiss according to the proprietor) and were told off by the waiter who proceeded to serve them with disdain (which must be bad, because disdainful waiters are a staple of Viennese café house culture :P ).

So the couple complained to the owner. She then kicked the couple out.

Now, Austrian law is funny. The proprietor is in her right to refuse service (to anyone). However, if the waiter was gay and guests would refuse to be served by this waiter, or if the owner treated him unfairly, he could sue, because it would be discrimination in the workplace.

Anyways, one café off the list of places I like to go to.

So, the tourist board got on the café's case (Vienna is marketing itself towards the gay community), and also there was a 1,000+ participant "kiss in" in front of the café last Friday. The café owner has since apologized that her remarks ("This would be behavior appropriate for a brothel, not a café!") were out of line, and that treating her customers like this was wrong.

One more victory against public decorum?  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

"Like" comes in various shapes.
Whether its the same sex or different sex, don't divide love.

Posted because Japanese lesbians are cute and Japanese gay guys rather scary. Apparently.
██████
██████
██████