[Gay] Gay News from Around the Gay World That is Gay

Started by Martinus, June 19, 2009, 04:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on July 03, 2009, 12:02:12 PM
well I think there would be more (in NA at least are Tories religious bigots in UK?)  queer conservatives if conservatives these days were the old school fiscal conservatives of yore as opposed to the self righteous skygod worshipers they are now.
To be fair to the Tories two members of the shadow cabinet are gay (and civilly unioned).  Both are also fiercely incompetent, blundering and have rumours of a bit of expense sleaze about them.  They've more top gay politicians than Labour or Lib Dems.
Let's bomb Russia!

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 13, 2009, 10:42:28 AM
well I think there would be more (in NA at least are Tories religious bigots in UK?)  queer conservatives if conservatives these days were the old school fiscal conservatives of yore as opposed to the self righteous skygod worshipers they are now.
To be fair to the Tories two members of the shadow cabinet are gay (and civilly unioned).  Both are also fiercely incompetent, blundering and have rumours of a bit of expense sleaze about them.  They've more top gay politicians than Labour or Lib Dems.

heh. figures.
:p

Martinus

Noone can rival the Gay Sith Master: Lord Mandelson. :ph34r:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on July 13, 2009, 06:41:31 PM

Noone can rival the Gay Sith Master: Lord Mandelson. :ph34r:
Indeed.  Politically he's probably the most powerful man in the country :wub:

And I'm a huge fan of his slightly catty sense of humour since he's come back from Brussels a human being.
Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on July 12, 2009, 09:33:59 PM
Quote from: Martinus on July 11, 2009, 10:34:45 AM
Coretta King was a very vocal opponent of anti-gay discrimination and homophobia. She has lent her support to several gay rights rallies and also campaigned in anti-HIV advocacy groups. I think her views are more representative of the (hypothetical) views of Dr King than those of their daughter.

He certainly was a big supporter of Bayard Rustin for somebody who didn't like homosexuals.

QuoteThe Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints said that the men became argumentative and refused to leave after being asked to stop their "inappropriate behavior." The men say they were targeted because they are gay.
You think?  The Mormons are a bunch of hateful assholes anyway.  I predict that at some point in the future they will back track on the gay thing just like they did with the racist thing. if it ever becomes embarrasing.  The Mormon God changes his mind alot.
Fucking fags think that the rules don't apply to them.  The sooner we kill them all, the better.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jos Theelen

harry and pepper broke up  :(

QuoteSAN FRANCISCO  — Someone alert Perez Hilton: Harry and Pepper, the San Francisco Zoo's long-term same-sex penguin couple, have split up. And you might say there's a disreputable dame to blame.

The couple's relationship began in 2003 and the breakup came as a shock to the couple's zookeepers because Harry and Pepper, both Magellanic penguins, had long seemed one of the zoo's happiest avian partnerships, according to zookeeper Anthony Brown.

The two black-and-white birds paired off when Harry, whom Brown described as outgoing, befriended Pepper, an introvert who sticks mostly to his burrow. At the time, the two were adolescents and everyone assumed they were just friends.

But soon they were nesting together. Harry would gather grass and bring it home to Pepper, who would arrange it tidily in their burrow, Brown said. Single females would come around, but both birds never seemed interested.

Last year, the pair was allowed to incubate and hatch an egg another penguin had laid.

"Of all of the parents that year, they were the best," Brown said. "They took very good care of their chick. He ended up being the largest chick on the island."

One could say that all seemed to be going swimmingly with Harry and Pepper.

Enter the recently widowed Linda, who has long had a reputation of sorts, according to Brown.

Several years ago, she left her longtime companion and moved in with much older Fig just hours after Fig's partner passed away, Brown said.

"That was the fastest we'd ever seen penguins move on," he said. "To be completely anthropomorphizing, Linda seems conniving. She's got her plan. I don't think she was wanting to be a single girl for too long."

This year, within weeks of Fig passing away in winter, Harry was seen in Fig's old burrow spending time with Linda, Brown said.

Then one day, Harry and Linda approached Pepper's pen and confronted Pepper. Harry began attacking Pepper violently and the three ultimately had to be separated, Brown said.

Harry and Linda successfully nested this year and eventually Pepper was returned to the penguin exhibit from a bachelor pad at the Avian Conservation Center, where he quietly took up his old residence. Zookeepers and fans are waiting with bated breath to see what might happen next.

"That's the big question," Brown said. "It's molting season in late July and early August, and around that time we see couples getting shaken up. It'll be interesting to see if Harry spends any of that time with Pepper. We'll have to wait and see."

Valmy

Quote from: Jos Theelen on July 14, 2009, 09:05:04 AM
harry and pepper broke up  :(

Not to worry Penguins change mates a few times in their lives.  They can go gay again in the future.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on July 14, 2009, 09:27:18 AM
OMG, gay can be cured by WOMEN!

I think the Gay Penguins were so shocked they ended up hatching an egg anyway one of them was all like 'ok fuck this I might as well officially be a breeder now.'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Martinus on July 14, 2009, 09:30:10 AM
Fucking bisexuals.  <_<

Bah. Used to be all gays were Bi-sexual. (married, breeding for King and Country, fucking who they want on the side. Fags ruined it for the rest of us.)
:p

Valmy

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on July 14, 2009, 12:02:47 PM
Bah. Used to be all gays were Bi-sexual. (married, breeding for King and Country, fucking who they want on the side. Fags ruined it for the rest of us.)

Marty is not a patriot :(

garbon

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on July 14, 2009, 12:02:47 PM

And they were horrible people, subjecting poor women to their unclean habits.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Anyway, I hope Perez Hilton runs that gay-hating guy-stealing bitch down. Who does she think she is? Liza Minelli?

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 14, 2009, 12:21:32 PM
And they were horrible people, subjecting poor women to their unclean habits.

Yeah!  That is a straight man's job!