[Gay] Gay News from Around the Gay World That is Gay

Started by Martinus, June 19, 2009, 04:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: garbon on October 22, 2009, 11:22:21 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2009, 11:18:54 AM
I'm just completely stunned by the mindset of a policeman who goes out there to stand in the park in the hope of some low class homo propositioning him. Surely it can't be just the simple homophobia - is this the kind of example where homophobia and repressed homosexuality converge?

I mean it's not like there aren't more serious crimes to pursue.

Well I'm sure they catch their fair share of homos actually have sex in the parks, which is illegal.

:yes: especially when money (and any number of stds) also changes hands.
:p

Zanza

Germany's constitutional court has equated the homosexual "registered civil union" and marriage for the first time in one of its decisions and pretty much demanded that the two legal institutions should be treated the same by the legislative. Based on that precedent, there is no legal basis left for any unequal treatment of marriage and civil union anymore. They can basically throw out the entire law on civil unions and replace it with one sentence: "The civil union has exactly the same rights and duties as marriage".

Martinus

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 22, 2009, 12:19:27 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 22, 2009, 11:22:21 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2009, 11:18:54 AM
I'm just completely stunned by the mindset of a policeman who goes out there to stand in the park in the hope of some low class homo propositioning him. Surely it can't be just the simple homophobia - is this the kind of example where homophobia and repressed homosexuality converge?

I mean it's not like there aren't more serious crimes to pursue.

Well I'm sure they catch their fair share of homos actually have sex in the parks, which is illegal.

:yes: especially when money (and any number of stds) also changes hands.

So prostitution is illegal too? America never ceases to amaze me.  :lol:

ulmont

Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2009, 01:45:36 PM

Almost everywhere, yes.  I believe parts of Nevada and Rhode Island allow some form of legal prostitution.

Martinus

Quote from: ulmont on October 22, 2009, 01:48:33 PM

Almost everywhere, yes.  I believe parts of Nevada and Rhode Island allow some form of legal prostitution.
:lol:

The Brain

Sweden made buying sex illegal 10 years ago. An incredibly retarded law. Selling sex is still legal though.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on October 22, 2009, 02:02:30 PM
Sweden made buying sex illegal 10 years ago. An incredibly retarded law. Selling sex is still legal though.

In Poland it is illegal to effectively run a prostitution ring, however in one-on-one prostitution deals no party is committing a crime.

I think it is extremely retarded to penalize prostitution, especially as sex has been used as a commodity since time immemorial and what terms consenting adults want to attach to sex should not be the state's business. Some people want a lease-like relationship and call it marriage. Other want a one-time-ride deal and call it prostitution.

Syt

Prostitution is ambiguous in Austria. In Vienna it's legal to work as hooker if you're regsitered and go to regular medical checkups. It's estimated, though, that 2/3 of the prostitutes in Vienna are illegals, often from Eastern Europe or Africa.

You are self employed as prostitute, pimping is illegal.

Also, following a 1989 supreme court ruling, buying sex is "sittenwidrig" (a German legal term translating loosely to "immoral" and applies also to e.g. outrageously high interests charged by lenders etc.), meaning that a prostitute doesn't have legal recourse if a customer refuses to pay.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

How is that amazing?

Anyway it is dependent on the local community so if you want your city to have prostitution you simply have to vote for it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

ulmont

Quote from: Valmy on October 22, 2009, 02:17:47 PM

How is that amazing?

Anyway it is dependent on the local community so if you want your city to have prostitution you simply have to vote for it.

...probably at the state level.  Good luck with that.

Valmy

Quote from: ulmont on October 22, 2009, 02:19:53 PM
...probably at the state level.  Good luck with that.

Well it is called Democracy.  The problem is the people who do want prostitution already have it, since nobody really enforces the anti-prostitution laws unless somebody starts complaining and annoys the authorities enough to do a sting.  Nobody is really that motivated to fight to get the laws changed.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Neil

Quote from: garbon on October 22, 2009, 12:46:25 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 21, 2009, 03:32:36 AM
Well let's assume you are cited daily for the crime of being a bitch and then told to spend each of your days court defending yourself. Surely you recognise how a failure to do so on any given day resulting in a criminal warrant issued after you would be a miscarriage of justice.

Btw, I find it very interesting that your suggestion is that when the law (in this case represented by the court telling you to appear) is annoying, one should just ignore it.
He really is a lawyer.  No, really.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2009, 02:05:20 PM
I think it is extremely retarded to penalize prostitution, especially as sex has been used as a commodity since time immemorial and what terms consenting adults want to attach to sex should not be the state's business. Some people want a lease-like relationship and call it marriage. Other want a one-time-ride deal and call it prostitution.

So since prostitution and marriage are the same thing I guess gays already have marriage in Poland eh?

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2009, 11:34:07 AM
Well from what I gather from anecdotal evidence surrounding such arrests, these are actually very often policemen who are out to get the fags at any cost. There was recently a case of a policeman in Chicago who was discharged from duty because he would go to the gay district and give unwarranted DUI tickets to all gays he could find because he hates the 'mos.

He should get a medal.  Drunk driving gays are the #1 cause of highway fatalities :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2009, 02:05:20 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 22, 2009, 02:02:30 PM

In Poland it is illegal to effectively run a prostitution ring, however in one-on-one prostitution deals no party is committing a crime.

Roughly the same as in France.