[Gay] Gay News from Around the Gay World That is Gay

Started by Martinus, June 19, 2009, 04:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on October 21, 2009, 03:45:27 AM
Well I realise the cancerous retard is trying to troll, but he is not very good at it, as he is plainly offensive (rather than being outrageously offensive like Neil) and unfunny in his troll.

So I can only express my extreme hatred for him and rest assured in my knowledge he will kick the bucket soon enough when his cancer hopefully and fortuitously relapses.

Not very good at it? How can you say that when you respond like this?

Of course, you're so easy to troll that making you dance to my tune doesn't prove anything.

And I didn't even to say I approve of these folks being arrested, which of course I don't. And speaking of being offensive, I think saying Marty will froth about story x is a just wee bit less offensive than you sayin "I hope your cancer comes back". But then again I'm not gay, so it's like you're talking about a real person.  :rolleyes:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Give it up, Timmay, you know how those religious fundamentalists are.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 21, 2009, 03:32:36 AM
Well let's assume you are cited daily for the crime of being a bitch and then told to spend each of your days court defending yourself. Surely you recognise how a failure to do so on any given day resulting in a criminal warrant issued after you would be a miscarriage of justice.

Btw, I find it very interesting that your suggestion is that when the law (in this case represented by the court telling you to appear) is annoying, one should just ignore it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on October 22, 2009, 12:46:25 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 21, 2009, 03:32:36 AM
Well let's assume you are cited daily for the crime of being a bitch and then told to spend each of your days court defending yourself. Surely you recognise how a failure to do so on any given day resulting in a criminal warrant issued after you would be a miscarriage of justice.

Btw, I find it very interesting that your suggestion is that when the law (in this case represented by the court telling you to appear) is annoying, one should just ignore it.

That is not what I am saying and you know it.

I am saying that if a failure to challenge illegal charges brought up against you can in itself constitute a crime (or at least carry negative legal consequences) - and at the same time there seem to be no mechanism in place to award you damages for the illegal charges being brought against you and for punishing whoever abused their authority this by bring those charges - this is an easy way to harass and persecute people who are not doing anything illegal in the first place, and a very serious threat to the rule of law and to civil rights.

*not untrue, i.e. you are charged with a crime that you did not commit; but illegal, i.e. you are charged with something that is not illegal to begin with.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2009, 03:54:07 AM
That is not what I am saying and you know it.

I am saying that if a failure to challenge illegal charges brought up against you can in itself constitute a crime (or at least carry negative legal consequences) - and at the same time there seem to be no mechanism in place to award you damages for the illegal charges being brought against you and for punishing whoever abused their authority this by bring those charges - this is an easy way to harass and persecute people who are not doing anything illegal in the first place, and a very serious threat to the rule of law and to civil rights.

*not untrue, i.e. you are charged with a crime that you did not commit; but illegal, i.e. you are charged with something that is not illegal to begin with.

Do I know that though? I do know that the way to get things to change, isn't by refusing to deal with the system.  You can't just ignore the court because you don't like the charges (as the article states, many didn't know that the charges were illegal).  And if you do know the charges are illegal, go to court and prove it (then you've committed no crime but not appearing) and then if it happens again, sue the police.  None of this will be easy and will be quite arduous but you can't just throw your hands up and disengage.

Alternatively, if one is lazy, stop propositioning strangers for sex in parks. It isn't safe!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on October 22, 2009, 09:49:03 AM
Alternatively, if one is lazy, stop propositioning strangers for sex in parks. It isn't safe!

Not that propositioning random people in New York City public places is really a safe mode of behavior in the first place.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

I don't get the attraction. Just set up a civilized meeting through the internet. I mean wtf.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on October 22, 2009, 10:52:11 AM
I don't get the attraction. Just set up a civilized meeting through the internet. I mean wtf.

That is beyond the point - I think propositioning random people in a park is rather crude and I'd never do it myself - I just don't think it should be illegal.

I see it the way I see gay marriage - sure it's not for me, but it is like creating a buffer client state near your own borders - I don't want the borders of freedom to be running right where my personal preference ends.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on October 22, 2009, 10:10:57 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 22, 2009, 09:49:03 AM

Not that propositioning random people in New York City public places is really a safe mode of behavior in the first place.

I'm just completely stunned by the mindset of a policeman who goes out there to stand in the park in the hope of some low class homo propositioning him. Surely it can't be just the simple homophobia - is this the kind of example where homophobia and repressed homosexuality converge?

I mean it's not like there aren't more serious crimes to pursue.

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2009, 11:15:54 AM
Quote from: The Brain on October 22, 2009, 10:52:11 AM

That is beyond the point - I think propositioning random people in a park is rather crude and I'd never do it myself - I just don't think it should be illegal.

I see it the way I see gay marriage - sure it's not for me, but it is like creating a buffer client state near your own borders - I don't want the borders of freedom to be running right where my personal preference ends.

Well, as I said in the post you quoted I want it to be illegal. I am sticking to that position.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2009, 11:18:54 AM
I'm just completely stunned by the mindset of a policeman who goes out there to stand in the park in the hope of some low class homo propositioning him. Surely it can't be just the simple homophobia - is this the kind of example where homophobia and repressed homosexuality converge?

Well I'm sure they catch their fair share of homos actually have sex in the parks, which is illegal.

Valmy

Well I hope for the sake of the tax payers of New York City they are there to catch other crimes and just happened to get those guys in the process.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on October 22, 2009, 11:29:02 AM

Well I hope for the sake of the tax payers of New York City they are there to catch other crimes and just happened to get those guys in the process.

Well from what I gather from anecdotal evidence surrounding such arrests, these are actually very often policemen who are out to get the fags at any cost. There was recently a case of a policeman in Chicago who was discharged from duty because he would go to the gay district and give unwarranted DUI tickets to all gays he could find because he hates the 'mos.

Ed Anger

A couple of years ago, they was doing regular sweeps in George Rogers Clark Park in Springfield Ohio for the homos.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2009, 11:34:07 AM
Well from what I gather from anecdotal evidence surrounding such arrests, these are actually very often policemen who are out to get the fags at any cost. There was recently a case of a policeman in Chicago who was discharged from duty because he would go to the gay district and give unwarranted DUI tickets to all gays he could find because he hates the 'mos.

Well at least he was discharged for it.