[Gay] Gay News from Around the Gay World That is Gay

Started by Martinus, June 19, 2009, 04:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 04, 2009, 08:24:25 AM
I'm sure Syt has seen many more of those documentaries than Martinus has.

Indeed. My documentary expertise focuses instead on camaraderie between soldiers, college students, policemen, or athletes.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Faeelin

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/02/BANH1A0DM8.DTL#ixzz0StMx9g7r

The judge in the federal California Prop 8 case is asking for the supporters to release documents on campaign strategy to discern their motivation for the Amendment.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Faeelin on October 05, 2009, 10:33:44 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/02/BANH1A0DM8.DTL#ixzz0StMx9g7r

The judge in the federal California Prop 8 case is asking for the supporters to release documents on campaign strategy to discern their motivation for the Amendment.

I love this:
QuoteAndrew Pugno, a lawyer for the Prop. 8 sponsors, said Friday it was unprecedented to allow "the losing side of a campaign to pry into the most intimate strategy discussions of the winning side."

Pure :tinfoil: Strategy equals consideration equals intent, so if there's a viable question of legislation made in bad faith, wouldn't that be the most critical evidence?
Experience bij!

Martinus

With Obama flip-flopping on gay rights, guess who is getting the lavender vote next elections? :D

QuoteLevi Johnston Accepts Playgirl Offer to Pose

By Steve Javors, XBIZ.com
Thu, Sep 03 2009 04:00pm PDT

NEW YORK — Burgeoning gay icon Levi Johnston has decided to accept an offer to pose for Playgirl — the only catch is that he won't be fully nude.

Gawker.com reported today that an agreement has been reached for Johnston to pose in his skivvies for Playgirl.com and the final details currently are being hammered out.

What started as a joke between Johnston and his manager during a photo shoot for Vanity Fair is now actually going to happen. After reading about Johnston's willingness to pose nude, Playgirl photo coordinator Daniel Nardicio got in contact with Johnston's manager, Tank Jones who passed along the message to his client's lawyer.

"There are people out there that want to see such a shoot of Levi and we are ready to do it if the proposal is right," his lawyer Rex Butler wrote.

Perhaps unaware that Playgirl is targeted at a gay male audience, Johnston said, "I'm assuming it's where a dude poses for women." Johnston, the father of former vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin's grandson, first started attracting gay fans en masse after he attended FOX's Teen Choice Awards with comedienne Kathy Griffin who has a huge gay following.

Since that appearance, and after he's stated publicly that he'd be willing to pose nude, Johnston has received a few offers: StraightCollegeMen.com offered him $25,000 for a solo masturbation scene and Unzipped magazine proffered a cover story and nude photo layout.
Playgirl folded its print publication in November 2008.

And his answer to how he feels about having gay fans:

QuoteSaid Johnston: "I think it's great man, um, I like my fans. Just another person." When Cohen asked Johnston if there were any gays in Wasilla, Johnston responded, "Oh yeah. We got gays in Wasilla, Anchorage, they're all up here."
:lol:

garbon

I'm glad we could go back to early september. Almost time for another 9/11 memorial.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on October 06, 2009, 02:01:16 PM
I'm glad we could go back to early september. Almost time for another 9/11 memorial.
Let's remember:  Martinus is in a total backwater.  He probably doesn't even know what you mean by 9/11.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Faeelin

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 05, 2009, 02:11:55 PM
QuoteAndrew Pugno, a lawyer for the Prop. 8 sponsors, said Friday it was unprecedented to allow "the losing side of a campaign to pry into the most intimate strategy discussions of the winning side."

Pure :tinfoil: Strategy equals consideration equals intent, so if there's a viable question of legislation made in bad faith, wouldn't that be the most critical evidence?

I can't help but wonder about the precedential intent if the judge decides it was motivated by animus. O'conner said she'd strike down a gay marriage ban if it was motivated by animus and not a legitimate defense of traditional marriage. Hrm.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Brain on October 03, 2009, 01:05:50 PM
I was AMBUSHED at home by the TV TAXMAN who threatened me with GITMO and made me report TV ownership.

Oh well, I had 15 good years.

Oh My... A Swede not paying taxes!  :lol:

Martinus

So much for muslims integrating well.
QuoteFrench gay soccer team snubbed by Muslim team

PARIS — A French gay soccer team says its members were victims of homophobia when a team of Muslim players refused to play a match against them.

The Paris Foot Gay team says Tuesday it received an e-mail from the Creteil Bebel club canceling a match scheduled for last Sunday.

"Because of the principles of our team, which is a team of devout Muslims, we can't play against you," the e-mail said, according to Paris Foot Gay. The e-mail received Saturday said, "Our convictions are much more important than a simple football match."

Paris Foot Gay said in a statement that it asked the amateur league to sanction Creteil Bebel.

Zahir Belgarbi, identified as a spokesman for Creteil Bebel, told France-Info radio he apologized if "anyone felt upset or hurt."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Martinus on October 07, 2009, 04:25:25 AM
QuoteFrench gay soccer team snubbed by Muslim team

PARIS — A French gay soccer team says its members were victims of homophobia when a team of Muslim players refused to play a match against them.

The Paris Foot Gay team says Tuesday it received an e-mail from the Creteil Bebel club canceling a match scheduled for last Sunday.

"Because of the principles of our team, which is a team of devout Muslims, we can't play against you," the e-mail said, according to Paris Foot Gay. The e-mail received Saturday said, "Our convictions are much more important than a simple football match."

Paris Foot Gay said in a statement that it asked the amateur league to sanction Creteil Bebel.

Zahir Belgarbi, identified as a spokesman for Creteil Bebel, told France-Info radio he apologized if "anyone felt upset or hurt."

Heard of that case. It's all the rage on the French web. Communautarisme, nous voilà!

On the other hand, "PFG enculés" takes a new whole meaning...  :D

Valmy

QuoteZahir Belgarbi, identified as a spokesman for Creteil Bebel, told France-Info radio he apologized if "anyone felt upset or hurt."

Since I am pretty sure nowhere in Islam does it specifically say you cannot play football with gay people I wonder what the intention of the snub was besides hurting or upsetting people?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on October 07, 2009, 08:02:09 AM
QuoteZahir Belgarbi, identified as a spokesman for Creteil Bebel, told France-Info radio he apologized if "anyone felt upset or hurt."

Since I am pretty sure nowhere in Islam does it specifically say you cannot play football with gay people I wonder what the intention of the snub was besides hurting or upsetting people?
To avoid contact with the enemy?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Duque de Bragança

Breaking news:

http://fr.news.yahoo.com/63/20091007/tfr-paris-foot-gay-finalement-crteil-veu-019dcf9.html

Paris Foot Gay: finalement, Créteil veut bien jouer?

They now say they want to play the Jaron squad (homo/hetero alliance)    :)

La rencontre va-t-elle finalement avoir lieu?

Dimanche, à l'occasion d'un match de coupe en football loisir, l'équipe du Créteil Bébel, composée de musulmans pratiquants, a annulé la rencontre au dernier moment, sous prétexte qu'elle devait être opposée au Paris Foot Gay, une équipe composée d'homosexuels et d'hétérosexuels désireux de "défendre le droit à la différence et de faire reculer les préjugés".

Dans un mail adressé aux dirigeants du Paris Foot Gay, le Créteil Bébel s'est justifié ainsi: «Désolés, mais par rapport au nom de votre équipe et conformément aux principes de notre équipe, qui est une équipe de musulmans pratiquants, nous ne pouvons jouer contre vous, nos convictions sont de loin plus importantes qu'un simple match de foot, encore une fois excusez-nous de vous avoir prévenus si tard».

Alors que la polémique dépasse le cadre de cette rencontre entre amateurs, plusieurs joueurs du Créteil Bébel affirment à présent vouloir affronter l'équipe du Paris Football Gay, selon 20minutes.fr.

Sur RMC Info, des joueurs de Créteil se disent en effet maintenant prêts à disputer le match.

«Une majorité de l'équipe est choquée, certes, que cette équipe puisse s'appeler Foot Gay... Mais on ne cautionne pas le mail de notre dirigeant. D'ailleurs, il ne nous a pas prévenus de l'envoi de ce courrier. Il a été dépassé par les événements» précise Ben, le capitaine de Créteil Bébel.

Le capitaine affirme qu'en accord avec ses coéquipiers, il souhaite jouer ce match sans histoire afin «de montrer que nous ne sommes pas homophobes».

Un capitaine qui ajoute: «Je suis prêt à rassembler l'équipe. On fera un match à onze contre onze et le plus fort gagnera».

Faeelin

Quote from: Martinus on October 07, 2009, 04:25:25 AM

Yes, because no Christians have ever done stuff like that.