News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Japan rewriting history books

Started by Martinus, April 15, 2015, 12:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Yeah I never got the Asian submissive women thing, the ones I went to school with certainly were not. But then they had been enlightened...er...corrupted by the culture of Amerikkka.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 15, 2015, 03:20:29 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 15, 2015, 01:57:01 PM
China hasn't helped itself on this one.
Nanjing was horrific, nobody but a select group of idiots, even in Japan, doubts that. But China does lie.
What are you talking about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre

Quote50,000–300,000 dead (primary sources)[1][2]
40,000–300,000 dead (scholarly consensus)[3]
300,000 dead (Chinese government, scholarly consensus in China)
I would laugh if they weren't making a joke of something that isn't a laughing matter.

Yeah, fuck you Korea. Why don't you compensate the comfort women you used yourself before trying to shake down the Japanese government for more money.
What are you talking about?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/11/us-southkorea-usa-military-idUSKBN0FG0VV20140711
http://blogs.wsj.com/korearealtime/2014/07/15/claims-south-korea-provided-sex-slaves-for-u-s-troops-go-to-court/
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Tyr is not only stupid, he's a bad person.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Senkakus are definitely Japanese, but Dokdo is just as assuredly Korean.

Koreans do obsess over it out of proportion to what it is though, a rock. However, Japan certainly does not help itself by white washing its actions during the occuption and the war.
China is the real threat to Japan, and the Japanese are sabotaging their own national interests by continuing to provoke Korea in this way.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

EDIT: Shit, clicked quote instead of modify without noticing.  :glare:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 15, 2015, 05:16:17 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 15, 2015, 05:15:46 PM
Senkakus are definitely Japanese, but Dokdo is just as assuredly Korean.

Koreans do obsess over it out of proportion to what it is though, a rock. However, Japan certainly does not help itself by white washing its actions during the occuption and the war.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tonitrus

Japan could have helped itself on this issue long ago by not getting itself onto the losing side of war.  Heck, if they did that, they might still own Sakhalin.

The downside of that, though, is they'd still probably be a pseudo-fascist, emperor-worshipping state.

Neil

I don't think any country can really be mature about its own history.  There's always an emotional component.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 15, 2015, 09:40:00 PM
Japan could have helped itself on this issue long ago by not getting itself onto the losing side of war.  Heck, if they did that, they might still own Sakhalin.
Is Sakhalin really that good?

Besides, a Japan that didn't lose WWII would be objectively worse than one that did.  The occupation was a pretty good thing, and the destruction of Imperial Japan allowed them to build a modern Japan that was far better in pretty much every way than the old.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Neil on April 15, 2015, 09:45:35 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on April 15, 2015, 09:40:00 PM
Is Sakhalin really that good?

Besides, a Japan that didn't lose WWII would be objectively worse than one that did.  The occupation was a pretty good thing, and the destruction of Imperial Japan allowed them to build a modern Japan that was far better in pretty much every way than the old.

The resources and extra space would be nice for them.  And probably used far more effectively than in the hands of Russia.

Completely agree on the latter point.

Eddie Teach

Not quite every way. Imperial Japan had fewer sex pillows.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 15, 2015, 09:48:46 PM

Not quite every way. Imperial Japan had fewer sex pillows.

The Imperials preferred live ones...that is what the controversy in this thread is about.

Monoriu

Quote from: Neil on April 15, 2015, 09:40:53 PM
I don't think any country can really be mature about its own history.  There's always an emotional component.

Germany seems to be able to deal with its past. 

alfred russel

Quote from: Monoriu on April 15, 2015, 10:03:50 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 15, 2015, 09:40:53 PM

Germany seems to be able to deal with its past.

Also Belgium. I think it has something to do with getting curbstomped.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2015, 03:25:16 PM
Yeah I never got the Asian submissive women thing, the ones I went to school with certainly were not. But then they had been enlightened...er...corrupted by the culture of Amerikkka.

I know of at least one Asian woman who has absolutely no trace whatsoever of being submissive  :sleep: