News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Valmy's ADHD Dragon Age playthrough

Started by Valmy, April 10, 2015, 09:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Veilguard sounds much stupider than Dreadwolf so that is some weird rebranding.

Varric has a beard? WTF? I kind of like the edgy, bordering on cringy, try hard nonsense of that goofy trailer. Reminds me of Dragon Age: Origins.

But otherwise I don't really know what we can tell from that trailer. Guess we will have to wait until tomorrow.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 10, 2024, 10:47:04 AMThey made an hero shooter trailer. Something, I guess, Dragon Age fans are not that interested in. We'll know more tomorrow.

Huh? I guess I missed that part. It just looked like some pulpy stuff. I didn't see gameplay.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

There's only 25 seconds of walking around so far of gameplay.

But to me that Trailer look like they were selling us an Overwatch or Team Fortress 2 competitor.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

I have look 2 minutes of it, but it seems interesting enough. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Holy shit does this thing look like DA:I. Even has rifts opening up spurting out demons. The quest thing is in the same place. Little updates come on the screen in the same way. The abilities appear in the same place.

I don't remember doing ridiculous flips every time I auto-attacked but hey it has been a few minutes since I did my playthrough. The combat feels more DA2-ish. The dialog wheel from DA2 with the corresponding style responses are back as well. Huh.

Downsides: The combat looks lame and easy but it is just a trailer. They might do some interesting things with it. It sort of hints I cannot control my party except by giving them orders...that sucks and seems to limit the sorts of complicated combat they could do. I couldn't do a complicated positional fight like many of the dragon battles or the final boss of DescentTM that way. It also means I really should play a mage since if I only can control one character it really needs to be the most important one. But still lots to learn I guess.

And the Venatori again? And now they are working for Solas? Huh.

It also has the same kind of ridiculous DA:I thing where the party guesses at some plan based on a hunch and then it seems to work. Or did it? Maybe they just made things much worse? It kind of looks like the Evanauris are coming through the portal so that might be fun.

Overall it looks, and feels, so much like DA:I it could have been made in 2017. Kind of weird so little seems to have changed in all these years. Especially since this is like the 3rd or 4th iteration of this game. I mean to the point that the location they confront Solas in looks copy-pasted from where you confront him at the end of Trespasser.

Valmy

I kind of wanted Varric to be killed by Solas there. Maybe turned to stone with his little eye power thing. That would have cold blooded as fuck.

Ah well.

Legbiter

Gameplay at first glance looks very much like a natural progression from Inquisition. Is it open world like it's predecessor?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on June 12, 2024, 09:34:57 AMGameplay at first glance looks very much like a natural progression from Inquisition. Is it open world like it's predecessor?

It was not really open world, it was more like Baldur's Gate (the original) than Skyrim. IMO anyway.

But I have no idea.

Syt

Haven't played Inquisition. To me it mostly looked like Mass Effect: Fantasy.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on June 12, 2024, 10:27:21 AMHaven't played Inquisition. To me it mostly looked like Mass Effect: Fantasy.

If Shepard did flips every time he fired his gun!

I mean this thing could be an expansion for DA:I it looks so similar. Though the party controls seem different (and worse) but I don't want to judge it too harshly yet.

But DA:I could also have been Mass Effect: Fantasy I guess. It and Mass Effect: Andromeda used the same engine, and the same one as Dragon Age: Veilguard AFAIK.

Legbiter

Looks meh. Not good, not terrible. In other words a massive improvement over the usual Bioware fare for the last decade. ^_^ 
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.