One hundred-fifty years after Appomattox, many Southerners still won’t give up.

Started by jimmy olsen, April 09, 2015, 11:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 10, 2015, 09:04:54 AM
They can have Arkansas.

And the Alamo.  If that place had had a back door, Texas would still be part of Mexico.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on April 10, 2015, 10:11:47 AM
And the Alamo.  If that place had had a back door, Texas would still be part of Mexico.

Eh they could have sneaked out if they wanted to. The siege was not that airtight.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy