Would you want advance warning of your own death?

Started by Malthus, March 31, 2015, 03:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on March 31, 2015, 03:46:56 PM
Why does every thread have to be about grumbler's death?  Face it, if it hasn't happened by now, it never will.

The real question: when the last other forum member dies off (or leaves), will the forum finally die or will grumbler make sock puppets to debate himself?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on March 31, 2015, 03:16:51 PM
Not sure of we've debated this before.

Here's the question: if it was up to you, would you prefer to die suddenly and without warning, or would you want advance warning - like (say) a doctor telling you "you have exactly one month to live" - so you could put your affairs in order, say goodbye to friends & family, etc.?

Assume the actual method of death was painless in either case and could not be prevented.
I would want to know beforehand, so that I would be able to wrap up, document, and transition all my work projects in a fairly organized manner.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on March 31, 2015, 08:05:13 PM
I would want to know beforehand, so that I would be able to wrap up, document, and transition all my work projects in a fairly organized manner.

The only accounting you should be worrying about is the one in St Peter's books. :pope:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 31, 2015, 06:41:01 PM
If you knew you were going to die in three weeks you would probably stop working and collect vacation pay while spending time with your loved ones.
I'd try to do my work the best I can, until I die.  I'll be in vacation for the rest of eternity, why waste time now? :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.