Turkish special forces enter courthouse as prosecutor held at gunpoint

Started by Syt, March 31, 2015, 09:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 31, 2015, 06:43:40 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 31, 2015, 06:25:09 PM
Maybe they decided immediate action was necessary.  Maybe the prosecutor gets beefed up security when he declines to charge the officers.  Maybe he's got a history and they didn't like him.  Maybe they didn't care and as a representative of the government, they deemed him a proper target.  None of these things is terribly irrational,

Ide, killing someone as a representative of a government that can be changed through the ballet box is terribly irrational.
Not if you're some kind of minority group, be it ethnic, political or whatever.

Besides, there's no reason to believe that the Turkish government is susceptible to being voted out.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on April 01, 2015, 12:32:17 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 31, 2015, 06:43:40 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 31, 2015, 06:25:09 PM
Maybe they decided immediate action was necessary.  Maybe the prosecutor gets beefed up security when he declines to charge the officers.  Maybe he's got a history and they didn't like him.  Maybe they didn't care and as a representative of the government, they deemed him a proper target.  None of these things is terribly irrational,

Ide, killing someone as a representative of a government that can be changed through the ballet box is terribly irrational.
Not if you're some kind of minority group, be it ethnic, political or whatever.

Besides, there's no reason to believe that the Turkish government is susceptible to being voted out.

To be clear.  Ethnic Albertans have no rational reason to kill a representative of the Canadian government. :P