News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Female drivers

Started by Slargos, June 18, 2009, 12:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

You lot, and admittedly most of Norwegian society regularly complain about my inability to conform to Norwegian norms in traffic.

However, while I sometimes drive faster than is strictly legal, at least I do so in a safe fashion unlike this lady driver...

Story goes like this:

- Lorry runs over 13 year old girl on bike.
- Woman in car behind also runs over 13 year old girl, now on pavement.
- Woman drives for 2.8km before parking her car and being overtaken by the police 15 minutes after the accident.
- 13 year old girl was stuck under Woman's car for those 2.8km.

Now, when this story first broke there was of course no news of the gender of the driver who dragged a person under her car for 2.8 km without noticing that she had A) hit something or B) was dragging something under her car.

Me, being prejudiced, naturally assumed "well, this is clearly a female driver" and lo and behold...

Is it still prejudice if it's always right?

Story doesn't say, but I assume from the picture that the bitch actually didn't realize what she'd done until she got home.

DGuller

What happened to the girl?

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on June 18, 2009, 12:20:33 PM
What happened to the girl?

Apparently alive with "serious injuries". Pretty lucky.

The Brain

No offense Slarg, but I think the dragging the girl under the car thing is much worse than being a female driver. I am not trying to belittle your hatred but maybe you should try to stand back and see the bigger picture.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Of course, one can also find stories of older male drivers who had pedestrians in someway another stuck to their car without noticing.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Slargos

Hooooboy. Story is unfolding.

Apparently, it was more like 4kms, and there were several speedbumps along the way.

And it wasn't 15 minutes, it was 50.

Apparently, they had helicopters and canine patrols out looking for her, and eventually found her stuck under the parked car.

KRonn

What a frigging horror show for that girl that was the accident victim!    :(

Hopefully unconscious, but the injuries from being dragged along pavement would be severe, in addition to other injuries she has.

Martinus

Yeah, it clearly sounds like a female driver. A male driver would have been drunk.

Slargos

Quote from: KRonn on June 18, 2009, 01:57:18 PM
What a frigging horror show for that girl that was the accident victim!    :(

Hopefully unconscious, but the injuries from being dragged along pavement would be severe, in addition to other injuries she has.

And that's the final kicker. She was conscious when they found her. Apparently with "life threatening" injuries though hospital says she's stable, for whatever that's worth in her condition.

DGuller

I wonder what the next Slargos update will be.  Maybe she was attacked by a pack of vicious pit bulls while she was stuck under the car for those 50 minutes.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on June 18, 2009, 03:16:37 PM
I wonder what the next Slargos update will be.  Maybe she was attacked by a pack of vicious pit bulls while she was stuck under the car for those 50 minutes.

A moose bit her sister.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Scipio

Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

grumbler

Quote from: Scipio on June 18, 2009, 03:22:19 PM
Too dumb to pass the test.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Scipio on June 18, 2009, 03:22:19 PM
Her putting wasn't that great either.