News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hillary Clinton snubs Angelina Jolie

Started by Phillip V, June 18, 2009, 01:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

QuoteJune 18, 2009   Hillary Clinton Fractures Elbow in Fall   By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS            Filed at 12:41 a.m. ET

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton fractured her right elbow during a fall Wednesday, her chief of staff said.
Clinton was on her way to the White House when she fell and injured her elbow, chief of staff Cheryl Mills said in a statement released late Wednesday.
Clinton was treated at The George Washington University Hospital, just a few blocks from State Department headquarters, before going home. She will undergo surgery to repair her elbow in the coming week, Mills said.
"Secretary Clinton appreciates the professionalism and kindness she received from the medical team who treated her this evening and looks forward to resuming her full schedule soon," Mills said.  Clinton had been scheduled to join actress Angelina Jolie on Thursday morning at a Washington event marking World Refugee Day. That event has been removed from Clinton's public schedule.

Alatriste

Well, call me a softy but I would say a fractured elbow is reason enough to cancel an appointmenrt with Lara Croft! She and her friends always seem to attract killer robots, ninjas, secret agents and other uninvited guests requiring swift, intense physical activity to get rid of.

Jaron

Phillip loves to troll with his thread titles. Damn coolie bastard.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Phillip V

Quote from: Jaron on June 18, 2009, 03:36:36 AM
Phillip loves to troll with his thread titles. Damn coolie bastard.
Grow up.

Palisadoes

Angelina Jolie is fit! I'd gladly go in Hilary's place! ;)

derspiess

Hmm, this is a condundrum for our friend grabon: who will he side with??
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

I don't think canceling a meeting because you broke your elbow (especially as an old woman) is a snub to whomever you were going to meet with.  I can continue to support both, although I'll admit that the photo-op would have been lovely. :(

edit: "A State Department official said all of Clinton's meetings had been canceled on Thursday."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I'm going to take this opportunity to go on the record and state that I've never understood Jolie-mania.  She's a very attractive woman, but does nothing for me personally.  :huh:  Salma Hayek, for example, burns with the heat of a thousand suns in comparison.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on June 19, 2009, 06:56:55 AM
I'm going to take this opportunity to go on the record and state that I've never understood Jolie-mania.  She's a very attractive woman, but does nothing for me personally. 

Ditto.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

I'm going to take this opportunity to go on the record and state that I've never understood Jolie-mania.  She's a very attractive woman, but does nothing for me personally.  :huh:  Salma Hayek, for example, burns with the heat of a thousand suns in comparison.
Same here.

DisturbedPervert

I'm going to take this opportunity to go on the record and state that I've never understood Jolie-mania.  She's a very attractive woman, but does nothing for me personally. 

It's the crazy.  You know she'd tear you up in bed.

Ed Anger

I'm going to do what you do to me when I opine on some woman:

INTERNERT STANDARDS  :rolleyes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive