Jeremy Clarkson’s Top Gear contract will not be renewed

Started by grumbler, March 25, 2015, 07:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: mongers on March 25, 2015, 02:05:06 PM
I thought you at least, being one of our more pro-feminist posters, would get the point that if they choose a woman presenter, unfortunately I think her age and attractiveness would be a consideration, as opposed to choosing a mature woman, perhaps of a similar age to the other presenters?

Personally I'd like to see them have Angela Rippon doing a few episodes presenting it as she's both a mature woman in her sixties, but also one of the original presenters!
Perhaps they could have different guest presenters each week to take over the Clarkson slot, it worked for another headline BBC series where the lead presenter left in disgrace.

OTOH, Q tried that with having guests fill in for Ghomeshi.  It only worked as an interim, Ghomeshi's permanent replacement is starting next month.
Experience bij!

mongers

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 26, 2015, 10:27:55 AM
Quote from: mongers on March 25, 2015, 02:05:06 PM
I thought you at least, being one of our more pro-feminist posters, would get the point that if they choose a woman presenter, unfortunately I think her age and attractiveness would be a consideration, as opposed to choosing a mature woman, perhaps of a similar age to the other presenters?

Personally I'd like to see them have Angela Rippon doing a few episodes presenting it as she's both a mature woman in her sixties, but also one of the original presenters!
Perhaps they could have different guest presenters each week to take over the Clarkson slot, it worked for another headline BBC series where the lead presenter left in disgrace.

OTOH, Q tried that with having guests fill in for Ghomeshi.  It only worked as an interim, Ghomeshi's permanent replacement is starting next month.

Sure that's an approach that could well work.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"