And we're back!

Main Menu

[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on July 30, 2009, 03:30:10 PM
Ever

Heh.  I theoretically have a pickup HIS game and a pickup PoG game on ACTS.  Neither has had any movement for 18 days.

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on July 30, 2009, 03:34:22 PM
Heh.  I theoretically have a pickup HIS game and a pickup PoG game on ACTS.  Neither has had any movement for 18 days.

Sounds similar to my POG game on ACTS.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

I don't think this game is ideal for online play.  There's quite a few occasions where players want to discuss certain actions - like whether to chose to fail a crises.  So each one of those times we have to wait for everyone (or almost everyone) to chime in at least once.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

I don't really think the pace has been really that bad. I think things have only started to slow as people become less interested (I'm certainly not as interested as I was prior to us reaching a distance of 4) and clearly it must be hard for Marty to sustain any interest at all. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

So how far do we need to go before "winning"?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on July 30, 2009, 06:25:37 PM
8 spaces, and then one jump of any distance from there.

I am still very much interested in this game, despite having played to (smaller) FTF games of it since starting.  The design is quite brilliant.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Berkut

The pace comment was mostly directed at our esteemed GM who posts things like "moment".
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on July 30, 2009, 06:55:05 PM
The pace comment was mostly directed at our esteemed GM who posts things like "moment".

Fucker should have just manned up and created a CB module.   :D

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on July 30, 2009, 06:21:00 PM
So how far do we need to go before "winning"?
Given that you're all going to commit suicide, even if you win, what's the point?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Tamas

Okay, the survivors are left to be massacred by Centurions. -1 morale.

Flash "Berkut" Gordon will be getting cards.

Tamas