California only has about one year’s supply of water left

Started by jimmy olsen, March 18, 2015, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Siege on March 08, 2016, 09:20:47 AM
If the environazis stopped blocking the use of water soirces to protect the fish, they would all have water.

I say charge per gallon of water and let the chips fall where they will.

What about the fish?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Brain on March 08, 2016, 01:04:49 PM
If the environazis stopped blocking the use of water soirces to protect the fish, they would all have water.

What about the fish?

Let them fall where they will too.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 08, 2016, 05:37:39 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 08, 2016, 01:04:49 PM

What about the fish?

Let them fall where they will too.

Experience bij!

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PDH

Love the aerial stocking of mountain lakes.

FISH BOMBS!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

MadImmortalMan

From the underbelly, it looks like one of those modified C130s that they use to drop water on forest fires. I guess it's just a small extra step to add fish. :P

Edit: It's hard to tell from the shadow on the water, but probably something smaller.

alfred russel

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 10, 2016, 03:36:32 PM
That lake looks familiar.

It was the lake where we found lots of dead fish floating in the water, with others around the shore and up in the trees.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

PDH

I think that vid comes from Utah - I saw something like that a while ago on the news.  It was a little single prop tail-dragger bush plane that could zoom around in the mountains.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

lustindarkness

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 10, 2016, 07:18:13 PM
Red Lobster's Air Force. Those are Cheddar Biscuits.
I don't care for Red Lobster but those biscuits are damn good.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

MadImmortalMan

Those are easy to make, you know.  ;)

For what it's worth, all the rivers are running higher than I've ever seen right now. And there was a story a couple months ago about Lake Tahoe regaining a bunch of billions of cubic meters that it lost. I don't know if they're going to say the drought is over, but it's made incredible progress.