News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How far right are you?

Started by Josquius, March 14, 2015, 03:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

On a scale of 1 to 10, how far right would you place yourself?

4 (7.1%)
4 (7.1%)
9 (16.1%)
8 (14.3%)
8 (14.3%)
7 (12.5%)
9 (16.1%)
3 (5.4%)
1 (1.8%)
3 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on March 16, 2015, 04:20:21 PM
I said I was an eleven. :mad:

You get points off for supporting abortion and the metric system.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Siege

Quote from: Tyr on March 14, 2015, 03:06:00 PM
It is purely down to your own judgement of course, thus we may well get Siege (by my scale a 12) seeing himself as a centrist, but in our own self-identification, from 1 on the far left to 10 on the far right, it would be interesting to see how we place ourselves.

I disagree with the whole left and right simplified scale.
What would be far right for you?

No even economic models can be measure in an stristraight line. Take free market capitalism. To be really free it needs to be protected from monopolistic capitalism, and all other forms of concentration of capital. At the same time, it needs to be protected from government intervention, over taxation, and hungry politicians that redistribute the capital from wealth creators to welfare recipients as a modern form of buying votes.

Free market capitalism is very fragile and is under constant attack from all sides. Therefore to me free market capitalism is the center, welfare state is the left, command economy the far left, unregulated market the right, monopolism of state the far right.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Oh, and by he way, I voted four.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Quote from: derspiess on March 16, 2015, 04:05:19 PM
Do we really have six people that are between 8 & 10?  :hmm:

I gave myself an 8, though my '8 is obviously different from yours.  ;)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 16, 2015, 04:15:30 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 16, 2015, 04:14:11 PM
Beeb said he's a 10.  Veep said he's a 10.  Seeb, if he voted, must be a 10.  Speesh has to be at least an 8.

Saw Beeb's post.  Did not see Veep.  I'm definitely farther to the right than either of them, so I declare their 10s to be null and void.  I am the only 9 thus far.

Well Tamas, you, dps, Viper, Yi, Habs

There we go.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 16, 2015, 04:27:15 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 16, 2015, 04:20:21 PM
I said I was an eleven. :mad:

But you ain't.

Well the 1s are pretty weak 1s.  Sheilbh talking crap to the Greens for being too insane doesn't sound like a far left nutcase.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on March 16, 2015, 05:41:52 PM
Well Tamas, you, dps, Viper, Yi, Habs

There we go.

I answered 7.

Berkut

Over the last decade I've probably gone from a 6.5 to a 5.

To the extent that a single axis can really describe an overall political ideology, anyway.

On social issues I am probably a 2.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on March 16, 2015, 06:32:34 PM

I was close at least!

I agree with his 7 tbh. Guys like Yi and Tamas are never on the "convert gays" or "landmine the borders" bandwagon. Hell, even Hansy has his limits there.

Also, I think you put yourself too far to the right Valmy. Just living in Texas doesn't give you an extra point or anything.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

I favor land mines on the border, backed by company sized reaction forces to liquidate the foriegners.

AM I SERIOUS? You'll never know. BWHAHAHAHA
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on March 16, 2015, 04:05:19 PM
Do we really have six people that are between 8 & 10?  :hmm:
Hans, Siege, you and Ed makes 4, guess there are two others...
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Hans ain't been around in forever, has he?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?