News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Your internet speed

Started by Monoriu, March 06, 2015, 09:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 18, 2015, 07:35:27 AM
Ancestral?

No. I think only my siblings and I were born in LA County.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Well, you don't seem to have that much connection if you haven't lived there since middle school.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 18, 2015, 08:25:35 AM
Well, you don't seem to have that much connection if you haven't lived there since middle school.  :hmm:

How said connections can't be emotive?

Liep

I've just noticed that my provider now advertises with 100 mbit/s up and down. Yet I'm still only seeing 50/50 even if they claim the update was automatic.

I'm suspecting it's my wireless. :hmm:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Monoriu

Quote from: Liep on March 25, 2015, 07:03:45 AM
I've just noticed that my provider now advertises with 100 mbit/s up and down. Yet I'm still only seeing 50/50 even if they claim the update was automatic.

I'm suspecting it's my wireless. :hmm:

My ISP advertises 1,000 MB, yet I'm only getting 300-400MB  :mad:

Liep

Just plugged in my old laptop and it gives me 93.67/93.03 mbit/s, so I need new stuff. Any good routers around?

Or maybe change my 'Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N PCI Adapter with Dual-Band'?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

viper37

Quote from: Liep on March 25, 2015, 07:58:10 AM
Just plugged in my old laptop and it gives me 93.67/93.03 mbit/s, so I need new stuff. Any good routers around?

Or maybe change my 'Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N PCI Adapter with Dual-Band'?
Router: Asus RT-AC68U is pretty good.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Liep

Grey Fox

Yes, that's the price you need to pay for a great speed.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Will a Linksys WMP600N be able to take advantage of that speed?

Grey Fox

Wirelessly? AC protocols probably do it but then you'll need AC devices.

Liep

So I will need an AC device for my desktop?

Grey Fox

Nah, a rj45 cat5e cable is better.