Have You Ever Known Someone Who Smacked Women?

Started by Admiral Yi, March 06, 2015, 02:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Everybody poo-poohs the abuse, but nobody ever mentions the make-up sex.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on March 06, 2015, 05:18:56 PM
It's just never discussed.

Nah, it is pretty widely discussed in my father's side of the family.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 06, 2015, 05:29:01 PM
Everybody poo-poohs the abuse, but nobody ever mentions the make-up sex.

So edgy.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Monoriu

Caliga

Nope. can't think of anyone I've known.  I've known of plenty due to my mother's work as a school counselor and her total disregard for students' privacy (at least around me and my brother).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on March 06, 2015, 05:18:56 PM
No one has ever out-and-out admitted it, but it's been strongly implied my father-in-law was physically abusive with my mother-in-law.

A former boss of mine had heavy rumours that her husband would hit her.

I can say with some confidence that most likely everyone on this forum knows at least one person who is physically abusive with their partner.  It's such a wide-spread offence.  It's just never discussed.

You all realize this, yet oppose surveillance.  Does that mean you're enablers of spousal abuse?  Yeah, it does.

Anyway, I've known women who had been in abusive relationships, and I represented a CDV defendant once.  I saw it happen once when I was about sixteen, and didn't know how to respond. :(

Oh, and I smack my girlfriend all the time, but that's consensual.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Quote from: MIMstudent loans

Quote from: CDMliberal artsy

It's edifying to have reframed the debate on education on Languish, pretty much singlehandedly. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on March 06, 2015, 08:32:59 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 06, 2015, 08:31:53 PM
Elaborate.

Semi-light DS play.  It would be unseemly to really throw out a whole laundry list.
Kinemalogue

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on March 06, 2015, 08:32:59 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 06, 2015, 08:31:53 PM
Elaborate.

Considering his definition of "girlfriend", I'd be wary of his definition of "smack".

Ideologue

Do I have an odd definition of "girlfriend"?  I usually have a discussion with whomever I'm having sex with and we decide that it's the case.  I was under the impression this was indeed the custom of the land. :lol:
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Yes. Was a piece of shit, still is a piece of shit. Even after he found Jesus. Jesus should have hid better.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive