News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sid Meier's Starships

Started by Josephus, January 19, 2015, 11:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zanza

Hmm, looks interesting. The map reminds me of Galactic Civilization II.

Syt

Color me cautiously interested.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

I am going to wait for the sales on the inevitable DLCs before I even think about it.

Darth Wagtaros

I bought his last game hours after it came out for full price and it was a big let down.  I'll let it go down to 10 bucks before I buy it.
PDH!

Grey Fox

I'll buy it when I see a 75% off tag.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Norgy

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 19, 2015, 12:02:28 PM
I am going to wait for the sales on the inevitable DLCs before I even think about it.

Yes. Me too. Buying a Sid Meier game nowadays seems to involve paying full price for patching that comes as DLC.

Syt

Released on Steam. 49% of 255 reviews are positive. :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

It is very simple - more like an iPad game.

Grey Fox

Contrary to me previous post, I preordered it from GMG.

Very simple, spaceship tactical game not worth the 10$ I paid for it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 13, 2015, 05:14:34 AM
Contrary to me previous post, I preordered it from GMG.

Very simple, spaceship tactical game not worth the 10$ I paid for it.

:console:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Well, it's really more of an iPad companion game to Civ:BE (especially as it uses the same universe and characters) - sorta like those iPhone games released in connection to Assassin Creed.

By the way, there is a new patch for Civ: BE which seems quite good.

Darth Wagtaros

Maybe when its a dollar. I feel screwed after buyin ghis last one full price on the day it came out.
PDH!