German Spy Agency BND's New Headquarters Targeted by Thieves, Flooded

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2015, 06:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

When it rains it pours

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/ger-n317831

QuoteGerman Spy Agency BND's New Headquarters Targeted by Thieves, Flooded

By Andy Eckardt

MAINZ, Germany — Thieves dismantled and removed several water faucets at the construction site for the new massive headquarters of Germany's BND foreign intelligence service, officials said.

Several floors of the new building were flooded with water and Berlin newspaper BZ reported that "secret technology was damaged" following Tuesday's incident.

"We can confirm that a substantial damage to property was caused by the theft and the resulting water flow," a Berlin Police spokesman told NBC News.

The fenced-in construction site is protected by a private security firm and equipped with surveillance cameras. Following the embarrassment surrounding the delayed construction of Berlin's new airport, the incident was quickly branded the German capital's new laughingstock on social media with #BNDleaks and #watergate proving popular.

One Twitter user posted a photo of a wrench described as a new "counter-intelligence tool."

According to media reports, the BND's new building is scheduled to open in 2016 and will house up to 4,000 of the spy agency's employees.

Officials said it was unclear how the culprits entered the high-security facility, adding that they were investigating in "all directions."

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 05, 2015, 06:45:37 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 05, 2015, 06:41:05 PM
Worth it's own thread?
Depends on who did it. If they were Russian agents, then yes.

Have Russians sabotaged my garden this winter?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"