Bárðabunga - the next unpronouncable Icelandic Volcano

Started by Viking, August 17, 2014, 10:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Legbiter

The lava eruption is still vigorous along a 1.5 km long fissure. It's put out something like a million tonnes of lava in the last 3 days. It's dark here in Iceland now and the view of the eruption is quite nice from this webcam.

http://www.livefromiceland.is/webcams/bardarbunga-2/

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

mongers

Damn your Icelunders and you're camouflaged wee pools of mist distraction.  :mad:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Legbiter

The eruption is still going strong. Waiting to see if the big one hits Bárðarbunga.  :homestar:

Legbiter

And now the eruption is finally over. It lasted for about 180 days and the new lava field is about 85 square kilometres which makes this eruption the largest one in Iceland by lava volume (1.4 cubic kilometres) since Laki back in 1783-84. :nerd: 

mongers

:cool:

You guys do things to a different scale up there.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

As long as you keep it on ground you can do whatever you want up there.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk