The President's First Insult

Started by Siege, February 26, 2015, 10:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 28, 2015, 09:29:48 PM
He should be ashamed at the state of Texas football. SHAMED

:weep:

QuoteGo A&M

You could have chosen a winner like TCU or somebody.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on February 28, 2015, 09:30:28 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 28, 2015, 09:25:39 PM
He's ashamed President Bush is from Texas.

But if I was a successful country music act I would keep that to myself.

Valmy owns all Dixie Chicks albums.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on February 28, 2015, 09:31:18 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 28, 2015, 09:29:48 PM
He should be ashamed at the state of Texas football. SHAMED

:weep:

QuoteGo A&M

You could have chosen a winner like TCU or somebody.

TCU got a bit whiny there at the end.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grallon

One wonders if the animals foaming at the mouth about a black Prez (notwithstanding any other rhetoric about his incompetence) will be able to bring themselves to do anything else than foam at the mouth when the Nigger Prez is no longer Prez...?

I think 'foaming' is the way of the future.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Valmy

I thought maybe everybody would stop being insane after Clinton but I was wrong about that to.  We are here to stay for awhile unfortunately.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Wait until Hillary gets in, and then really watch the frothing begin.  At least the negro's got a dick.

Razgovory

They still think she killed Vince Foster.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on February 28, 2015, 08:53:48 PM
While probably true you are guessing.  If there were large amounts of Muslims who were difficult to convert surely there would be some documentation about this?
Is there much documentation of the beliefs of slaves or their difficulties with conversion?
Let's bomb Russia!

grumbler

Quote from: Grallon on February 28, 2015, 09:36:49 PM
One wonders if the animals foaming at the mouth about a black Prez (notwithstanding any other rhetoric about his incompetence) will be able to bring themselves to do anything else than foam at the mouth when the Nigger Prez is no longer Prez...?

I think 'foaming' is the way of the future.

G.

I think that foaming is the way of your future, for sure, if the past is any indication. 

Please do keep it up; there is no poster on the board bar The Brain who is funnier than you, and the fact that he is being deliberately funny keeps your amusing statements in a class of their own. :thumbsup:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 01, 2015, 02:18:24 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 28, 2015, 08:53:48 PM
While probably true you are guessing.  If there were large amounts of Muslims who were difficult to convert surely there would be some documentation about this?
Is there much documentation of the beliefs of slaves or their difficulties with conversion?
I'm trying to think of who would create any official documentation, and coming up blank.  Slave-owner diaries, maybe?  Anyone know if hose have been thoroughly researched?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

Quote from: grumbler on March 01, 2015, 01:46:16 PM
I'm trying to think of who would create any official documentation, and coming up blank.  Slave-owner diaries, maybe?  Anyone know if hose have been thoroughly researched?
I'd guess that'd be the only sort of documentation. Maybe diaries and letters by the ministers who were preaching to slaves.

I've always found the Christianisation of slaves slightly odd. I'd love to know more.
Let's bomb Russia!

grumbler

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 01, 2015, 01:52:08 PM
I'd guess that'd be the only sort of documentation. Maybe diaries and letters by the ministers who were preaching to slaves.

I've always found the Christianisation of slaves slightly odd. I'd love to know more.

I'm not sure that there were ministers preaching to slaves, per se.  I know that in colonial Williamsburg, the churches had a slave section (no pews; the slaves stood throughout) where the household slaves would be brought to listen to the same sermon the household was hearing, and that they were charged (and given time to) then pass on the lessons of the sermon to the slaves who weren't in attendance.  That was a pretty urbanized environment, though.  Maybe, in the countryside, this wouldn't work and there were actually sermons delivered directly to the slaves.  Like you, I'd like to know more.  I'll see what i can dig up from talking to my college or APUS-teaching friends.

You are correct that there is no denying the oddity of the slaveowner's simultaneous legal assertion that slaves had no more rights than any other farm animal, and their religious assertion that they had a Christian duty to save the souls of their slaves.

Bayraktar!

Oexmelin

See the works of Rebecca Anne Goetz, Travis Glasson, Chris Brown.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !