And we're back!

Main Menu

Does your job involve "selling"?

Started by Martinus, February 20, 2015, 03:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on February 20, 2015, 10:47:51 AM
:rolleyes:

Pretty condescending attitude for someone who profits off of nothing but selling, like a vulture waiting for his turn at the carcass.  Oh wait, it's you.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DontSayBanana on February 20, 2015, 09:20:56 AM
Retail sales.  100% of my job is selling-

What about the cleanups on Aisle 5?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Iormlund

I hate selling shit. Buying, too, though nowhere near as much.

Ed Anger

I get shit for free. Twice a day sometimes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Everyone's job involves "selling" even if that activity is strictly related to "selling" those around you that you are the best person for that job.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

I work in support for hospitals so there is some selling as hospitals advertise their services, doctors, and the grades they get from government and industry auditors.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jacob

Quote from: Caliga on February 20, 2015, 01:42:47 PM
Quote from: Siege on February 20, 2015, 01:06:39 PM
I sell death to America's enemies.
You win the thread.

It's surprising to finally see Siegy admitting to selling military secrets to the Chinese.

Iormlund

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 20, 2015, 11:31:30 AM
Everyone's job involves "selling" even if that activity is strictly related to "selling" those around you that you are the best person for that job.

Not really. No amount of "selling" talent will convince me that a supplier is good if they can't meet delivery deadlines, or adjust their prices. Same for any colleague.  You can bullshit all you want but in a job like mine where skill directly translates into machines/money/time your image can only get you so far.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Iormlund on February 20, 2015, 01:52:44 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 20, 2015, 11:31:30 AM

Not really. No amount of "selling" talent will convince me that a supplier is good if they can't meet delivery deadlines, or adjust their prices. Same for any colleague. 

meeting expectations is part of the sales job  ;)