News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Megathread Thread

Started by Norgy, February 18, 2015, 05:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Should I make a Danish politics megathread?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Norgy

Liep

Quote from: Norgy on February 19, 2015, 05:10:13 PM
No.

Well I guess most countries have their own right wing nutjob party, and a megathread would be mostly about their antics, such as reinstituting the death penalty, now by gas chamber!, etc. Small stuff.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Liep on February 19, 2015, 04:57:04 PM
Should I make a Danish politics megathread?

There'd need to be another Danish poster to argue with you about stuff. I suppose Jacob would do.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Norgy

I think Danish politics would need a gigathread.

Norgy

Could we turn this into the cross-country skiing World Championship megathread (with the appendix "... that only very few care about")?

Some Canadian bloke beat our beloved Vikings today.  :Embarrass:

Liep

Well, you already suck at biathlon so it can't come as a shock. Although a Canadian? :hmm:

Norgy

30 km. The Russian won. A Swiss in second. Then a fucking Canadian.  :cry:

A Norwegian did crush everyone in the skijump though. And not by landing on, well, everyone.

Liep

The world of running fucking fast on skis is in weird place. A Dane just got a silver medal in the junior biathlon world championship. :o

Crazy_Ivan80

megathreads are like plants: they grow when you talk to them

PDH

we will have to merge the "Danish politics megathread" with the "What's exciting in Wyoming?" megathread.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Norgy

Plants need a megathread too.

Don't tell Jimmy Page, though.

Siege

What the hell is a megathread anyway.

They seem no different from regular threads, which mean you faggots are violating the Languish rules of thread naming, which clearly states that threads should be named in a descriptive manner so languistahs don't waste their valuable time clicking in threads about topics they are not interested.

That's why I always clearly name my few threads, because I highly value your time and your freedom to choose what your read.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Jacob

Quote from: Siege on February 25, 2015, 01:12:38 PM
What the hell is a megathread anyway.

They seem no different from regular threads, which mean you faggots are violating the Languish rules of thread naming, which clearly states that threads should be named in a descripted manner so languistahs dont' waste their valuable time clicking in thread about topics they are not interested.

That's why I always clearly name my few threads, because I highly value your time and your freedom to choose what your read.

I believe the term was coined by Tim to make himself and his threads seem special; if not coined by him, then mostly used by him. Since then, more have shown up, primarily to make fun of Tim.

Siege

Quote from: Norgy on February 21, 2015, 02:49:57 PM
Plants need a megathread too.

Don't tell Jimmy Page, though.

:lol: 

Led Zeppelin for the win.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"