News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

so my dad just had a heart attack

Started by Razgovory, February 16, 2015, 05:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

It's been a tough night.  He head a massive heart attack 10 years ago, very nearly killed him.  They did a triple bypass then.  I'm not sure what can be done now.  He'll get the opinions of other doctors today.  I wonder if he could get a heart transplant.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Damn, a triple bypass 10 years ago, and he's got all that blockage now?  Is it in the one artery they skipped with the triple, or is he one of those people that makes an ungodly amount of natural cholesterol?

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2015, 11:47:38 AM
Damn, a triple bypass 10 years ago, and he's got all that blockage now?  Is it in the one artery they skipped with the triple, or is he one of those people that makes an ungodly amount of natural cholesterol?

He doesn't eat right.  I've tried to get it him out of his bad habits, but can't.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Caliga

:(

We tried for years to get my dad to quit chain smoking.  He finally did when his lungs collapsed (pneumothorax) and he went into cardiac arrest.  He finally quit smoking after he managed to survive that, but he's gotten pretty frail now due to all of that damage.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

My friends' Dads, coworkers I've known, hell, even my own Dad...once a man gets to a certain age, they're just not going to change whether it's diet, smoking, drinking, what have you.  Not until it's too late, and then it's just too late.

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on February 17, 2015, 11:45:35 AM
It's been a tough night.  He head a massive heart attack 10 years ago, very nearly killed him.  They did a triple bypass then.  I'm not sure what can be done now.  He'll get the opinions of other doctors today.  I wonder if he could get a heart transplant.

I am sorry Raz. :( Not sure what can be done by you except staying strong and trying to make sure he follows doctors' instructions.

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2015, 12:09:53 PM
My friends' Dads, coworkers I've known, hell, even my own Dad...once a man gets to a certain age, they're just not going to change whether it's diet, smoking, drinking, what have you.  Not until it's too late, and then it's just too late.

My uncle died at the same time for smoking & stopping smoking. Smoking was killing him but it was 90% of his activities. When he stop, he let himself die of boredom.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

Man, that sucks Raz, I hope things end up turning out ok. :(
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

I think he'll be released from the hospital, but I don't know how long he will last.  I suspect he'll be on oxygen in the future.  He's had a rough last two years.  He was fired from his job, and then the office where he had worked closed up shop.  He takes it personally (he takes a lot personally).  Unfortunately he's spent the time sitting around watching TV and drinking cheap scotch.  He no longer smokes, but had been smoking for 30 years prior.  They ask why I don't drink or smoke.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

He's coming back tomorrow.  He seems to be doing much better, he's not even on oxygen anymore.