Should The State Pay All The Costs Of Delivering A Baby?

Started by mongers, February 13, 2015, 04:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should The Start Pay All The Costs Of Delivering A Baby?

Yes
17 (60.7%)
No
11 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: February 15, 2015, 04:27:29 PM

mongers

'Inspired' by this article about the differing costs of delivering babies in different countries:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31052665

QuoteHow much do women around the world pay to give birth?
By Mariko Oi
BBC News, Singapore

Money should be the least of your concerns when you are in labour.

But when I was about to push my baby out I noticed that the epidural was running low, and before asking my doctor to top it up I thought to myself: "Would that be another $500?"

Three days later I was presented with three different hospital bills; one for myself, another for our baby daughter and a third one, which I cannot even remember.

Mine was five pages long, detailing every item that I used during my two-night stay. Hers was not much shorter.

In total our first child's birth cost us just under $9,000 Singapore dollars ($6,650; £4,400). If you include all the pre-natal check-ups, the bill was well over S$10,000.

So my question is should the state pay all the costs of delivering a new baby into the world?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on February 13, 2015, 04:27:29 PM
So my question is should the state pay all the costs of delivering a new baby into the world?

Maybe you should put that in the title of your thread then, TimmayUK!

Jacob

Quote from: mongers on February 13, 2015, 04:27:29 PM

Yeah, of course.

Admiral Yi

Martinus

I don't think the state should subsidise baby deliveries. If the demand for baby orders increases, the price of baby deliveries should go up. Invisible hand of the market.

Martinus

jimmy olsen

Wouldn't this just fall under the debate for and against universal health care?  :huh:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Nope.  If the state isn't allowed to fund abortions, it shouldn't be allowed to fund births.  Fuck that shit, I'm not paying twice, because you skipped the whore pills I was more than happy to fund with my tax dollars, but nooooo, you had to be a slut.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 13, 2015, 04:32:51 PM
Nope.  If the state isn't allowed to fund abortions, it should be allowed to fund births.  Fuck that shit, I'm not paying twice, because you skipped the whore pills I was more than happy to fund with my tax dollars, but nooooo, you had to be a slut.

That's what I always say to those bitches who insist on getting a seat on a bus because they are pregnant/with a baby.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on February 13, 2015, 04:34:05 PM
That's what I always say to those bitches who insist on getting a seat on a bus because they are pregnant/with a baby.

That's got nothing to do with state-funded care, though.  That's just you being a breeder-hating fag cunt.   :lol:

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 13, 2015, 04:35:16 PM
Quote from: Martinus on February 13, 2015, 04:34:05 PM

That's got nothing to do with state-funded care, though.  That's just you being a breeder-hating fag cunt.   :lol:

I never let my politics get ahead of my pettiness. :P

Valmy

Funny the two bleeding hearts saying: teh teachers!  teh children! in the 'death to unions' thread are suddenly singing a different tune :P

Um...not sure.  It might be a really good idea, but it comes down how much it costs everybody.  We lucked out that my wife's insurance was amazing and covered every penny, that was a big load off our minds.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on February 13, 2015, 04:39:11 PM
Funny the two bleeding hearts saying: teh teachers!  Teh children!  In the 'death to unions' thread are suddenly singing a different tune :P

It's actually pretty consistent. We are both proponents of a Plato-like-republic. Just take the children away from the breeders (who should be sent to re-education camps) while the wise men instil our values in the young minds.  :P

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on February 13, 2015, 04:41:27 PM
Just take the children away from the breeders (who should be sent to re-education camps)

That is the thanks I get for my mighty production of sperm :angry:

And we also have to pay the doctor before being sent to said camps.  Talk about adding insult to injury.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

You would notice that I have consistently supported policies that would effectively eliminate inheritance, parental authority and privilege by birth. :P

In order to evolve, we need to transcend the biological and the genetical.  :cool: