News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Oscar Romero: Martyr

Started by Sheilbh, February 03, 2015, 08:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on February 03, 2015, 07:15:29 PM

They are both acknowledgements that are so late as to be meaningless.  Romero was a martyr when he was killed.  The fact that the Pope recognized this thirty-five years later seems a strange thing to celebrate, but if it means that much to you, i suppose I will just have to acknowledge that people are weird, and move on.

Packer fans are pushing for Jerry Kramer to be in the Hall of Fame and he retired over 40 years ago.  If he got in he and they would be happy.  Not sure why that is weird.

In fact it seems irrational and bizarre to call that weird.  That is completely normal.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

You're completely normal!

No wait that didn't come out right.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on February 04, 2015, 03:32:39 PM
Packer fans are pushing for Jerry Kramer to be in the Hall of Fame and he retired over 40 years ago.  If he got in he and they would be happy.  Not sure why that is weird.

In fact it seems irrational and bizarre to call that weird.  That is completely normal.
So you think that getting into the Hall of Fame is the football equivalent of being martyred?  Weird.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!