Caliga

One of the other sys admins here has 'BYENOOB' on his license plate. :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on February 03, 2015, 11:09:16 AM
Quote from: derspiess on February 03, 2015, 10:56:45 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 03, 2015, 09:04:28 AM
QuoteHillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton  10h10 hours ago
The science is clear: The earth is round, the sky is blue, and #vaccineswork. Let's protect all our kids. #GrandmothersKnowBest
:)

#whatdifferencedoesitmake

Vaccines?  None at all. 

They cause autism.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

frunk

Quote from: derspiess on February 03, 2015, 11:41:59 AM
They cause autism.

I'm becoming convinced that the people who think vaccines cause autism are correct.  It isn't the application of the vaccine, it's the mental stupidity involved in fearing vaccines that is causing the anti-vaccine crowd to become autistic.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Valmy on February 03, 2015, 10:48:55 AM
Quote from: Caliga on February 03, 2015, 10:42:38 AM
What's frustrating with Rand Paul taking up this banner is that the guy has a fucking M.D.  He definitely has no excuse.

Not sure I understand the need to pander to fringe lunatics.  Are there really that many people in MURICA who believe vaccines are bad? :ph34r:

I think his view is ideological rather than rational.  He has to be against government coercion even if it is the best thing for people's health.

I think this is where Christie was coming from, too, but it's a flawed premise.  The state, no matter the size, has a greater interest in preventing public spaces from becoming viral incubators than parents have in opting out of medical treatments due to negligible proven side effects.

There are always gonna be exceptions- the pertussis vaccine gave me seizures, for example.  But statistical outliers are no reason to scrap an effective public health program on the community level, let alone the state level (or the few instances of programs at the federal level).
Experience bij!

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on February 03, 2015, 11:08:47 AM
Yes, but in the article Jacob quoted from he seemed to be suggesting vaccines can screw kids up, too.  He could have just stuck to his usual libertarian talking points, but for some reason he felt compelled to go there also.
:huh:  Vaccines can, and do, screw kids up.  The issue of one of risk/reward, not "Cal is absolutely right and Rand is absolutely wrong."  Rand, it turns out, is more right than you!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on February 03, 2015, 11:41:59 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 03, 2015, 11:09:16 AM
Quote from: derspiess on February 03, 2015, 10:56:45 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 03, 2015, 09:04:28 AM
QuoteHillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton  10h10 hours ago
The science is clear: The earth is round, the sky is blue, and #vaccineswork. Let's protect all our kids. #GrandmothersKnowBest
:)

#whatdifferencedoesitmake

Vaccines?  None at all. 

They cause autism.

Lack of them causes autism, too, so the autism issue is moot.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".