News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Guilty pleasure TV shows.

Started by 11B4V, January 30, 2015, 09:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Presuming a "guilty pleasure" show is one that you enjoy, but would be remiss/embarrassed to admit...for me that is easily a Canadian show from not long ago, called "Being Erica".  The show is silly, girly, but has some wisdom in it also.

It helps that the leading actress has been easily #1 on my "unrealistic-celebrity-fantasy-crush" list for years now, and probably won't be toppled. 

Monoriu

To me, eating unhealthy food is a guilty pleasure, because there are real drawbacks.  Hard to call watching shows as a guilty pleasure.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on January 31, 2015, 11:41:13 PM
To me, eating unhealthy food is a guilty pleasure, because there are real drawbacks.  Hard to call watching shows as a guilty pleasure.

Think of mental stimuli, such as anime cartoons, as food for your mind. Some are unhealthier than others.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

Quote from: 11B4V on January 30, 2015, 09:43:08 PM
For me

Fraiser

Niles and Eddie FTW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mWiPaQ872c

Modern Family
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsvBfkM7s4I

You liberal, enemy of freedom and conservative values!
I can't believe you actually served.
I'm gonna run you by the Stolen Valor database.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

11B4V

Quote from: Siege on February 01, 2015, 02:34:09 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 30, 2015, 09:43:08 PM
For me

Fraiser

Niles and Eddie FTW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mWiPaQ872c

Modern Family
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsvBfkM7s4I

You liberal, enemy of freedom and conservative values!
I can't believe you actually served.
I'm gonna run you by the Stolen Valor database.

:lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 30, 2015, 11:17:01 PM
Not that it would surprise any of you, but I love going back and watching the old sitcoms.  :P I plowed through The Mary Tyler Moore Show not too long ago.  Fuck, that was a great show.  The old Bob Newhart--the first one--was great as well.

Just started Taxi, as I haven't seen those episodes in ages.   :lol:

That's actually a pretty good point.  I get quite a bit of mileage out of reruns of Cheers, Frasier, and Night Court (dulled somewhat once I got older and realized how shitty they treated Karen Austin, who was >>> Markie Post).

I've never seen any mention of it since its initial run, but a guilty pleasure of mine used to be Major Dad. :blush:

Currently, my guilty pleasure TV shows are the comics shows- more so for the obsessive way I follow them than a comment on the quality of the shows themselves (though Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and The Flash are probably best described as "delightfully camp").
Experience bij!

Grey Fox

After a weekend of thinking about this, I figure my TV guilty pleasure are Reba and Last man standing. So much GOP bs.

Also I found my creationist father in law guilty pleasure - The big bang theory.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

I think my biggest TV/Movie guilty pleasure is how much I like Pitch Perfect.

I pretend like I am just going along with liking it because my daughter does so much, and it is a change to share something funny. Yeah, that's it...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on February 02, 2015, 03:53:08 PM
I think my biggest TV/Movie guilty pleasure is how much I like Pitch Perfect.

I pretend like I am just going along with liking it because my daughter does so much, and it is a change to share something funny. Yeah, that's it...

Along the same lines, my guilty pleasure is watching Horrible Histories with my son - I think I like that show more than he does.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

I miss being able to watch kids shows and movies now that my kids are past that stage.