News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Guilty pleasure TV shows.

Started by 11B4V, January 30, 2015, 09:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

I've been watching Frasier lately which does make me feel like a guilty old man. :D

My current is Empire.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

What's so guilt-worthy about smart, funny sitcoms?  :huh:

My guilty pleasures would be Suits, and to a lesser extent, Dude, You're Screwed.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Guilty pleasure is such a weird concept to me. I like what I like, I feel no guilt or shame in it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 30, 2015, 10:37:58 PM
What's so guilt-worthy about smart, funny sitcoms?  :huh:

My guilty pleasures would be Suits, and to a lesser extent, Dude, You're Screwed.

Modern Family is smart?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on January 30, 2015, 10:47:35 PM
Modern Family is smart?

Compared to Big Bang Theory, New Girl, 2 Broke Girls, the last couple seasons of Parks and Rec, Two and a Half Men, etc? Yes. It's also won quite a few Emmys.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Not that it would surprise any of you, but I love going back and watching the old sitcoms.  :P I plowed through The Mary Tyler Moore Show not too long ago.  Fuck, that was a great show.  The old Bob Newhart--the first one--was great as well.

Just started Taxi, as I haven't seen those episodes in ages.   :lol:

MadBurgerMaker

The Glades, although dude seems to just arrest everyone in every episode before actually catching the badguy so that's weird. 

E:  Oh and The Blacklist because James Spader is awesome.

The Brain

I was about to say Too Cute! Puppies but it isn't really guilty.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 30, 2015, 11:17:01 PM
Not that it would surprise any of you, but I love going back and watching the old sitcoms.  :P I plowed through The Mary Tyler Moore Show not too long ago.  Fuck, that was a great show.  The old Bob Newhart--the first one--was great as well.

Yeah, but those shows were critically acclaimed at the time, so I don't think they'd qualify as guilty pleasures.  A guilty pleasure would be more along the lines of  The Beverly Hillbillies, Hogan's Heroes, Welcome Back, Kotter, maybe WKRP in Cincinnati.

The Brain

Quote from: dps on January 31, 2015, 12:28:20 AM

Yeah, but those shows were critically acclaimed at the time, so I don't think they'd qualify as guilty pleasures.  A guilty pleasure would be more along the lines of  The Beverly Hillbillies, Hogan's Heroes, Welcome Back, Kotter, maybe WKRP in Cincinnati.

You may not know how guilty pleasures work.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on January 31, 2015, 12:28:20 AM

No, a guilty pleasure would probably be closer to something that one would not be expected to enjoy and runs contrary to type, such as Macho Man 11Bravo Savage enjoying a show about suburban fags.

I just felt like tossing in a comment about old sitcoms, because I won't play your POST MUST EQUAL INTENT OF THREAD reindeer games.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on January 31, 2015, 12:33:15 AM
You may not know how guilty pleasures work.

Or critically acclaimed shows.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 31, 2015, 12:43:59 AM

No, a guilty pleasure would probably be closer to something that one would not be expected to enjoy and runs contrary to type,

Ed Anger head of BJ & the Bear fan club suffice?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son